Jongho ✦ Jealous

Start from the beginning

The two of you picked out your favorite instant ramen and checked out at the register. You used the machines at the convenience store to cook the noodles and sat down at the built-in table in front of the windows of the store.

"So, I haven't seen you in years. You never showed up for your senior year." You mentioned.
"Yeah, I transferred after my junior year."
"I assumed so."
"Sorry I didn't keep in touch."
"It's alright. That's life." You shrugged. "I'm just glad we're able to catch up now."
"Me too. So, what about you? What have you been up to?"
"Not much. After graduating high school I started attending college. I just finished my third year there. I also met my boyfriend along the way." You grinned.
"Boyfriend?" Wonho's face lit up. "What's his name? How did you meet? Does he treat you right?" He fired questions at you rapidly which caused you to laugh.
"His name is Jongho. I met him three years ago. He was a trainee at the time and super busy because he was preparing for his debut, but we hit it off so well that we made it work. And yes, he treats me wonderfully."
"Good. You said his name was Jongho?"
"Mhm." You nodded.
"What group is he in?"
"Ateez."
"Oh! They're gaining lots of popularity internationally."
"They are. It's hard to believe."
"Do you get to see him much?"
"It depends. But, like I said earlier, we make it work." You smiled softly. "So, what do you do these days?"
"Just living at the gym. I also work on music on the side."
"You do?"
"Yeah. I have a couple songs. I'm hoping to try and get in an entertainment company."
"That's so cool. I heard you sing a couple times back in the day. I have no doubt you've improved a lot. I'm sure you'll get into a nice company."
"I hope so."
"Is it okay if we take a picture?" You asked him. "For old time's sake?"
"Absolutely!"
You pulled your phone out and snapped a quick photo of the both of you.
"Wait. Let's do a silly one." Wonho suggested.
You made silly faces and you took the picture.
"Can you send those to me?"
"I can."
"Cool. I'll give you my number."

Wonho pushed his two empty bowls of ramen away from him, his hands resting on his stomach.
"Whew. That was really good. Now I need something refreshing to cleanse all that salt from my pallet."
"Me too." You agreed.
"Hey. Why don't we get a watermelon?" He suggested.
"Good idea."
"I'll throw our trash away and then we can get one."

The two of you left the convenience store and went to a small grocery store nearby.
"They don't have any single slices." Wonho frowned in mild disappointment.
"We can get a whole watermelon. We can just get one of the small ones."
"Alright."
He scanned the selection of watermelons and picked out a small one that could be split between two or three people. You both decided to go to the park and eat it.

Wonho rubbed his hands in anticipation. "Ah. I'm excited to eat this."
"Wait. We don't have anything to cut it with."
"Darn. You're right." He frowned, but then his face lit up. "I have an idea. You should probably step back."
You did as he said, curious as to what he was going to do.
He grabbed the watermelon and placed it between his thighs, squeezing them together until the melon broke into multiple pieces.
"Woah!" You gaped in shock. "That was awesome!"
"Thanks." He grinned bashfully. "Sorry it's a bit messy. I don't know if we can eat this normally."
"Maybe we can."
"Oh. Actually..." Wonho reached into his pocket and pulled out a spoon wrapped in a napkin, handing it to you.
"Where did you get these?" You inquired.
"When I threw our trash away, I saved our spoons from the ramen and grabbed some napkins. That one is yours."
"You're a genius." You commended his smart move as you unwrapped the napkin from the plastic utensil and started to dig in.
You stopped for a moment and checked your phone, remembering that you had told Jongho you wouldn't be out for more than an hour. After checking the time, you realized that an hour and ten minutes had passed.
"Shoot." You muttered, grabbing Wonho's attention.
"Is everything okay?"
"Yeah. I told Jongho I wouldn't be gone for more than an hour and that if plans changed I'd let him know and I forgot."
"Oh. I'm sorry. That's my fault."
"No, no. It's fine. Hang on just one second."