Part 27

Arriving at the hospital I storm in and ask for Mattia Polibio. My breath is still heavy and I feel so exhausted. It's been a while since I slept good. I'm so concerned. How does he feel? What if Hector really broke something? God damn I hate Hector but Mattia shouldn't have come... especially not drunk. I have a lump in my throat and my whole body shivers, just now I realize that he did this all for me well... because of me. It's my fault.
First the nurse doesn't want to let me in but I start crying and explain her that I'm his girlfriend.
Well I'm not... but who cares, Mattia is hurt.

I run, looking besides me to search for room 216. My nervousness is going to kill me that's why I start biting my fingernails.
Hector is behind me calling after me.

„Please, can we talk?" He begs reaching for my hand and I turn around.

„Hector, there is nothing more important than Mattia now and to be honest I don't want to talk to you."
My eyes stop. There is it, room 216.

„Please, y/n. I'm sorry."

„I don't care! Say that to Mattia!" I say louder and some people start staring at us.

„Is there something I can do?"

„Actually yes, how about just going out of my way and don't you dare go after me in this room." I say pissed and turn around.
I look at the number '216'. Thousand thoughts fly through my mind.

I take a deep breath and slowly open the door by the handle.
My eyes travel to the bed where Mattia lies and I can't help myself but feel how the water in my eyes start to fill up.
What have I done!

I run up to him and look at him. He's asleep and has some bruises on his face. I sit on the bed and take his hand.

„I'm so sorry." I whisper while kissing his hand softly when all of a sudden the doctor appears.

„Hello, my name is Mr. Black." The doctor introduces himself and I shake his hand, wiping the tears away with the other hand.

„He has an alcohol poisoning but he's okay now. He had to throw up a few times in the ambulance and as you can see he has some bruises on his face."

Oh god. Poor Mattia.
I just nod quietly and stare at Mattia.

„Your friends are talking to the police outside ... just in case you are wondering.

Hell no. If the police finds out what happened, Hector gets a great punishment and that means he has to kick me out. Here we go again.
And to be honest I don't want Hector getting a punishment because of me.

„Well... there's another bad message. He has to stay here for a couple days."
That's not a problem. No matter what I won't leave him. I will stay with him all night, no matter how long it takes.

„Oh my god my baby!" I hear a female voice, it's his mother and behind her his dad and his little brother. All of them with a concerned face expression. She runs to him and grabs his hand too.

Oh no. What if he told her what happened between us? What if she thinks this is all my fault?
Her eyes travel to me but she doesn't say anything.

„Can you please wait outside for a second." The doctors eyes travel to the door and I stand up letting go of Mattias hand and go out.

When I walk out and close the door, I start looking for a chair to sit on or I will pass out. I have a bad headache and all this is just way too much.
I finally find one not far away from the room where Mattia is. I bury my head in my hands and start sobbing.
This is all my fault? Isn't it?
I should never have told Mattia about the kiss. I'm so stupid.
But no. Mattia should have never kept things from me.
I really can't think clear. There's too much in my head going on right know but the most important thing right now is Mattia.

When I open my eyes Hector is kneeing in front of me but I decide to look the other way.

„Did they talk to to the police?" I say emotionless but a shaky voice.

„Yes, but don't worry. They don't know what really happened."
I still don't look at him. My anger towards him is too big.

„Hey princess, don't be mad at me."

Princess? For real?

„I'm not your princess. Just to make things clear." I stand but so does he.

„Then why did you want to kiss me?" He asks throwing his muscular arms in the air.

I scoff. „Now is not the best time to discuss that."

„No. Tell me!" He commands and the anger inside me turns into sadness.

„Hector, I- i don't know. I wasn't in my right mind. I was in my broken state and I'm still in it." I start crying now and he looks at me.

„So I just was your second option?"
This question is destroying me. I'm not better than Mattia. Yes, Hector was my second option I guess, just like I was back then.

I can't focus and that's why I can't answer him.
He nods slowly and walks away. He looks like he is about to cry. Wow.
So that means I'm the fucking asshole right know?!

I see Mattia's parents walking down the hall. Her eyes are searching for someone and when they travel to me it looks like she finds the one she was looking for.
She starts walking towards me and my heart stops for a second.
Oh my god what if she will slap me or scream at me? She walks a few steps towards me but instead of screaming and slapping me she hugs me very very tight. „I'm so happy you are here. Thank you."
I sigh in relieve.

Thank god. She's not angry with me.

„Can you please stay with Mattia? We have to work tomorrow." She asks politely and I see her red, swollen eyes. My heart sinks and I just nod. I feel so fucking guilty.
I don't know why but it seems like I have cried too much because I can't right now.

Before she walks away she kisses me on the forehead and I start walking to room 216 again.
I open the door and step inside.
It's now 4am, that means it's been a while since all this drama happened. To be exact like 6 or 7 hours.

I take a few steps closer and Mattia's eyes open.