47 | as good as it gets

Mulai dari awal

It was sweet of him to say that, and it was nice to hear it. However, I still have my concerns. I mean, sure, he'll be on tour for a while next year, but not for the full two years I'm going to live there. But it makes us feel better now, so I'm not going to bring that up.

He's right, though; it's nothing we can't get through. I have the utmost faith in him.

"You're sure you're completely fine with it?" I asked him, looking out the window in my room. "Because we're in this together, and your feelings matter way more than any stupid school does."

He didn't reply right away, which made me nervous. Obviously I want him to be honest, but I also just want him to say he's fine with it, so everything feels a little easier.

"You know what...can we have this conversation over dinner? A FaceTime date, perhaps?" he asked, sounding a little distracted. "I'm just not going to be able to talk as long as I want to, and I don't want this to be interrupted, ya know?

"Yeah. Okay," I replied. I sat on my bed, and looked at my sheets, remembering a couple weeks ago when we were both laying underneath them, sick as ever. I never thought I'd say it, but I miss that. Being sick and with him is better than being well and away from him.

"I want nothing more than to just keep talking to you," he said. "But...alas."

"We must part," I replied with a small smile. "Until dinner. What time do you wanna eat?"

"Six-thirty? Your time? That's only a couple more hours to wait," he suggested.

"Sounds incredible," I replied, my excitement for this event growing more and more. "What are we dining on?"

"Whatever you want," he said. "We don't have to eat the same thing, you know."

"Isn't it more fun that way, though?" I asked, and he laughed a little.

"If you say so," he replied. "Text me and let me know what we're having, okay? I've got to go."

"Okay, will do. Love you," I said.

"Love you, too, Clark. See you soon."

And with that, we hung up, and the only thing on my mind was six-thirty.

———
later

gemmaclark

gemmaclark having a facetime date with my boyfriend in five minutes

gemmaclark having a facetime date with my boyfriend in five minutes. i'm very excited. i put on makeup and did my hair and everything. do you think he'll notice???
load more comments
edithjonesharrison how is this level of perfection even attainable? just wondering
shawnmendes update: he definitely noticed

———

"Finally alone," he said, sounding slightly breathless. I watched him collapse on the bed in his hotel room. He hasn't even looked at the camera yet.