Unexpected Death

ZHAO YUNLAN•

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After going back to my house we all decided to go out for a while since it's only 7 in the evening. It became a double date, the only one missing is Jiang Cheng who stayed back in Heaven.

Shen Wei and I decided to go to the mall while Wei Ying and Lan Zhan went to the popular food streets. Xue Yang and Xiao Xingchen decided to go to the amusement  park.

It was fun and we all got home pretty late. The next day we arrive at the university pretty early since we want to search for the girl who gave Wei Ying the sweets. But what we found shock us.

Right in front of the university stood police officers while on a nearby tree a dead body was hanging.

'L-Lan Zhan s-she's the girl who gave me the sweets.' Wei Ying said as his hands started to tremble.

So now we don't have any leads on why Wei Ying was poisoned. The only lead is dead.

'Let's freeze time and investigate the crime ourselves.' Xue Yang said before he started to chant something. As soon as we heard his chant we started to reveal our form, me being a nephilim, Wei Ying, Jiang Cheng and Xiao Xingchen being an Angel, Shen Wei and Lan Zhan in demon form as well as Xue Yang.

Time froze and we are the only ones who can move. We start to look around the area finding clues on how she died.

'Guys I don't think she killed herself. Look at the marks on her arms and neck. It seems like before she died she was fighting something. And it took her life by  something that was wrap around her neck. Later on I think she was hanged to this tree to avoid suspicion.' Wei Ying said as he inspected the dead body.

What he said was true the marks on her arms especially the neck shows that she was strangled to death by something and not by the rope itself. Because ropes leaves a significant mark on the neck while the marks on her neck show this weird pattern.

Almost like a snake pattern. Which is weird.

'Who could have done this?' I asked.

'Wen.... Zhulio....' Xue Yang angrily said through gritted teeth. He was fuming mad and Xiao Xingchen was trying to calm him down but it's not working.

'Wen Zhulio as in The Wen Zhulio?' Wei Ying asked.

'Yes. Hes the only one who has this unique weapon that has a snake like pattern. It is actually just like Jiang Cheng's Zidian. Only Wen Zhulio's is more deadly as poison is coating that whip along with thorns that only come out once it is latch onto it's victim.' Shen Wei explained it seriously.

I was amazed with this weapon yet at the same time scared. It's a weapon that can kill you easily.

'Then Hell is on the move. It only means that the War is about to come sooner than we think. Zhao Yunlan you better asked for a long leave cause we are staying in Heaven to train.' Wei Ying said before suddenly a red glittering butterfly appeared in front of him.

He whispered something to the butterfly and it fly upwards until it vanish within the clouds.

'Alright I'll get right to it you guys go on ahead to the rooftop.' With that I left them as time starts to move again I returned back to my human form. Shen then followed me which I don't mind at all. I actually love his company.

'So just because of this unexpected death we will be moving to Heaven for the meantime?' I asked Shen Wei who held my left hand tightly.

'We have to so we can train especially you. Wars between Hell and Heaven isn't really like the wars here in the mortal world. We are more brutal to our  enemies showing no mercy, practically pushing our enemy to extinction.' He said it with seriousness as well as worry.

'Hey come on don't be worried. I can handle it.' I assured him running circles in his hand.

'I know you can but you are their target as well as Wei Wuxian so this time Hell won't back down until they get their hands on the two of you. And I don't want that to happen. They have to walk on my dead body before they make it to you.' The way he said it made me deal extreme fear.

Fear of being left alone by the one I love. I don't want that to happen. I don't want to be alone again.

'Hey don't cry. I won't die that easily so rest assured no one is walking over my dead body. I'm still planning on marrying you and having a family with you so I won't die.' Shen Wei said as he wiped my tears which I didn't even know I was crying.

'I love you and I don't want you to leave me. I don't want to be alone ever again.' I hugged him tight and began to sob. I just can't afford to lose someone Iove again.

It will make me crazy and possibly kill myself.

'I love you too now please stop crying. I won't ever leave you. I promise you that.' With that he kissed me softly and passionately. The kiss itself was full of love.