The Beginning

•WEI YING•

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I flew past my sworn brother Jiang Cheng with lightning speed, trying to escape my other sworn brother Xiao Xingchen who tried to catch me.

The three of us are almost inseparable. Me being the Head of the Warrior Angels while Jiang Cheng is my right hand and Xiao Xingchen my left hand. We three are strong together and unstoppable. 

No one can beat the three of us in battle especially me. I'm the most strongest among the Warrior Angels.

'Hahaha...Xiao Xingchen you're getting slower and slower.' I happily yelled not looking back at all. My wings flap and powerful wind came rushing past me.

I flew past other angels who watched me with amusement. But my fun had come to an end when I saw my Uncle, Jiang Cheng's Father flying towards me.

'Uncle.' I greeted once I stopped right in front of my Uncle.

'Wei Ying come with me. The elders wants to have a talk with you.' I furrowed my brows at that. What could the elders possibly want to talk with me about?

The elders are the once who keeps the balance here in the Heavens. They make sure that no chaos can happen here unlike in Hell where you are free to do whatever you want to do.

I followed my Uncle silently while Jiang Cheng and Xiao Xingchen followed not too far behind. A few minutes of flying we finally stop infront of a huge door. My Uncle said an incantation and the huge doors opened up letting the four of us in. 

We went in and bowed down immediately cause right in front of us stood the elders namely Jin Guangshan, Lan Qiren, Nie Mingjue, Lan Yi, Cangse Sanren my mother and lastly is my Uncle who went to his sit right beside Jin Guangshan.

'Wei Ying humbly greets you all.' With that I bowed again before standing straight.

'Wei Wuxian Head of the Warrior Angels we have summoned you for an important mission.'

'What mission am I task with Elder Lan Qiren?' I became more confused with what is now going on.

'Your mission now is to protect a mortal who's actually a son of a mortal woman and a warrior angel. He's been targeted by the Underground Palace and two top fighters are now after him. Sadly one of the two is my nephew who turned into the other side.'

Lan Wangji is Lan Qiren's beloved nephew who went missing for a decade but later on was found on the other side and became a demon.

Lan Qiren smiled sadly before an image of a man appeared right in front of me after Elder Lan Qiren finished speaking.

'His name is Zhao Yunlan and you along with Jiang Wanyin and Xiao Xingchen will protect him with your life. Understood?'

I shouted an 'Understood Sir' which is followed by Jiang Cheng and Xiao Xingchen. We three bowed in unison before leaving to prepare for our departure.

'Wei Ying.' I look behind me and saw my mother calling me.

'You are going to depart first and observe Zhao Yunlan while Jiang Cheng and Xiao Xingchen will go to different places to try and track any other nephilims that maybe hiding.' With that mother gave me a bone crushing hug. I gave her the same hug not wanting to let her go so soon.

I'm gonna miss mom since I'll be staying in the Human World for who knows how long. I won't be seeing her much.

'Alright Mom let go so I can prepare for my departure.' Mother hesitantly let me go before giving me a kiss on the forehead.

'Be careful and please don't be reckless.'

'I won't. I promise mom so don't worry too much about me. And tell Elder Lan Qiren that I will try my best to try and bring his nephew back to us again.' With that I left my mom and went to my room to prepare my things that I will be needing.

It didn't took me a lot of time to prepare. I just needed little things before going to the bridge where all the angels are now waiting. Giving me goodlucks and goodbyes.

I gave my mother one last hug before looking at the other elders. Each elder gave me something to make sure this mission succeeds with no delay.

'Wei Wuxian. Head of the Warrior Angels. I now change your position to being a Guardian Angel.' Elder Lan Qiren said before I felt my tattoo on the back being change. I no longer control the Warrior Angels but I'm now a guardian angel who's duty is to protect and look after his person.

'I Wei Ying former Head of the Warrior Angels accept my new title as a Guardian Angel.' After that I bowed and started to spread my powerful strong wings.

Giving one last look to my Mother and Uncle I let myself fall.

The wind and I became one. Caressing my skin while helping me glide through the sky towards my new home for the time being.

'Lan Zhan I promise to bring you back to us no matter what even if it cost me my life. And my new person Zhao Yunlan I won't let them have you.' I sighed before going straight to my persons house.

After making my way towards my persons house I finally saw him. Playing with a cute fat cat. I landed right behind him. He wasn't startled since no one can see me unless I allow them and right now he can't see me but the cat can sense me.

This day marks my first day as Zhao Yunlan's Guardian Angel.