prologue

(Photo of what Cara sort of looks like, image smaller like Aang size and then a little smaller)

My name is Cara and I'm blind.

I've being blind since I was born but I could still sort of see through water bending because there is little amounts of water in the air and because everything vibrates a little it sends vibrations through the air and I pick them up allowing me to technically see.

But that didn't stop people from babying me about every little thing, no matter what I was always told

"Don't do that its dangerous" or "stop you'll hurt your self"

I had enough and decided to run away but before I did they where going to tell me something but I thought it would be them telling me more places I couldn't go in the Northern Water tribe.

I did eventually escape and went to the Earth kingdom particularly to Omashu I felt drawn to the city but thought nothing of it.

When I walked around the big city I felt free hearing lots of noises and a man trying to sell some cabbages but then I hear a crash and run over to the sound.

I sensed that there was two people on the ground laughing "is everyone ok"

I feel them get up "yeah where fine, you want join us, we're using the mail system as a fun slide"

I look at them weirdly "you both are complete strangers"

One walked towards me and stuck his hand out "I'm Aang thats Bumi he's like the most fun guy in the whole world"

I shake his hand "I'm Cara"

Aangs pov

Cara, nice name, I can't help but think theres something wrong with her eyes, they are a pale blue and she doesn't look directly at me more of just in my general direction.

"So now that we aren't strangers, want to join us"

She nods her head and we walk to the top of the mailing system "right the way we do it is I get in the back so I can air bend making us go faster while you and Bumi sit and enjoy the fun" I stand on the back while Bumi and Cara get in the front.

Both of them lean forward so we start moving and then when we drop and I push us with some air.

We all scream in excitement as we go zooming down the shoots "FASTER FASTER!" Bumi shouts and I shoot another blast of air but I didn't notice that there was a incline and we shot off the track before we had a rough landing I created a little pocket of air cushioning our landing.

"That was the best thing I've ever done!" I smile at Cara but she wasn't even looking at my face more of in my general direction I pushed it to the back of my mind.

"I'm glad you liked it".

After a week of knowing Cara I can certainly say that we are best friends, its like we were ment to be friends because we just get eachother.

We where currently flying on Appa back to the southern air temple, Monk Gyatso let her stay for some reason even tho shes from one of the water tribes, I keep asking him about it but he won't tell me why.

As I'm thinking I get pulled out of my thoughts when I hear Cara speak "Aang, I need to tell you something" she sounded scared, I left Appa to fly himself as I sat next to Cara.

"What is it" I say in a gentle tone "I'm about to tell you something and I really don't want it to affect our friendship, so I need you to promise that it won't" she sounded really scared now, I knew no matter what she told me it would never change our friendship.

"I promise" I see her smile and in doing so makes me smile.

"Aang, I'm blind" I eyes go wide

"Really, how do you not bump into everything" I say as carefully as possible to not hurt her feelings

"Well I'm not blind blind, I sort of see using water bending" my face goes confused and I can tell she knows I'm confused by the silence.

"Basically because tiny bits of water are in the air and because things vibrate a little it sends out like a ripple and I pick it up and it paints a picture in my head so I can technically see"

I'm baffled by this but I sort of understand it "that's pretty good, Cara your full of surprises" she smiles "you know sometimes I even surprise myself" we both laugh.

I've now known Cara for a month and I'm going to be told something by the monks I wonder what it is.

Caras pov

I'm so bored right now, Aangs being told to go see the monks and everything is just boring without him.

After 10mins Aang comes back and I can tell something is wrong "Aang Whats the matter?"

"I'm the Avatar" he said it so bluntly but whats wrong with being the Avatar

"So what is exactly wrong with that, I'd love to be the Avatar master of all four elements"

This made him laugh a little but I could still see he was a little shocked by the fact he is the Avatar.

Three days later and it was night time, but I could hear something coming from Aangs room, I peer inside to 'see' him packing his things.

"Aang where are you going?" I ask worried

"I need to get away from here, I can't be the Avatar"

I knew the knowledge of him being the Avatar would do this to him and I can't let him leave alone.

"If your leaving then I'm coming to" I thought he would of objected but Instead I feel him hug me "Thank you, Cara" I hug him back "what are best friends for"

1 hour later

Me and Aang where in Appa in the middle of the ocean and in a thunder storm we screamed as a huge wave drags us underwater and then I felt nothing.