Long time coming

4 weeks later

After all the chaos they newly weds decided they needed much peace, deciding on a house finally. It was a two story; 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 5500 sq feet. And perfect for their growing family. They decided to settle down in Blackwood, Nj. Nae was finally home well close enough too it that she could visit. They lived in a secluded area and the kids loved it.

Lanae belly started to show and round nicely. Winter healing was coming along. They been living in their own little bubble, closed everyone out. Mediating together, cooking together, family time and activities. Realizing 4 weeks passed by quick Winter had to come up with a wager for Nae and he think he figured the perfect one.

"Babygirl" walking down the stairs shirtless, with his grey basketball shorts hanging low, and Nike slides. Nae was in the kitchen cooking lunch. "Yes my love" careful not to cut her fingers but turning her attention to her husband who seem to be very excited. "Ard boom, I thought about it and I know what I want if you lose the bet" having a dumb moment it took her a couple seconds to remember what the bet was. Cocking her head to the side and lifting a eyebrow she stopped cutting the veggies and gave him full attention. "Ok if it's a boy what do you want?" Fully curious now.

"I want to take you on a proper honeymoon, I pick the place, the dates, and you my Queen cannot argue it or complain and have to deal with it" Zeek knew he had picked the perfect idea. They didn't get to go on a honeymoon to be honest they didn't even have a proper wedding. But this was important to him. Lanae is very simple but he want to also show her she is well worth the finer things in life, the expensive clothes, shoes, diamonds and pearls. That's why he pushed for this house, she was ok with a small condo they found. He wasn't he wanted her to have the world.

"Ok babe you got it, if she a boy I follow your lead" this was a win win bet for her and she loved it. But knowing her husband she was more than sure he was gonna show out.
"He ain't no she and he hears you so stop disrespecting my son" laughing at him. "He hears me huh?" He downloaded the pregnancy tracker and think he an expert now. "Yup according to the app and WedMd..." "oh absolutely not Ezekiel you will not tell me anything WebMd said" as funny as this was she was not playing with him. Google and webmd will have you selling everything, quitting your job, cause you gonna die in 3 days so nope absolutely not. "Babe they know what they talking about" "yup just as much as you" laughing at his craziness she turned back around and finished her homemade soup.

Not having to call them down the girls was in full throttle running into the kitchen. The sound of they screams as they ran from the "monster" they laughter. Them yelling "charge" and "get daddy" just made their house feel so much more of home.

Getting everyone settled, the decided to have lunch outside in the backyard. Fall was upon them the nice breeze carrying the scent of crisp air and freshly falling leaves. The different shades of oranges, browns, greens, autumn was truly a beautiful season. Tomato and vegetable soup with grill cheese was perfect for the weather. Sitting down on a huge blanket Winter brought out they dug in.

"Mommy, when am I going back to school?" Sani beamed. The thought of being in school learning and making friends always exciting to her. "I go to register you girls Monday, they have a nice daycare program so y'all will be in the same building different sides" "yayyyyy" the girls cheered in unison. "Speaking of I have to go back to my old apartment to see if the courts sent the adoption papers there" not liking the sound of that Winter shook his head "Nah we can go to the courthouse together, forget the apartment" "why you do know I still have stuff there they I have yet to claim and need to before January when my lease is up"

Winter could've easily told her that Gang found out her ex rented an apartment across the street and been asking about her. That he was just trying to keep her and their unborn safe. But sometimes as a man pride is more important than communication. "I said no Lanae!" Raising his voice he slightly pushed her off him and stormed inside.

He has Gang trailing Mike, keeping up with his every move and somethings don't make sense. But what was certain he wanted Lanae back and that was never going to happen.

Lanae POV

After watching Zeek storm in the house I just stayed outside he was upset and I hated confrontation so I wanted him to cool off.
"How's the soup girls?" I needed to distract them and me.
"Really good" Nayah spoke stuffing her face with her last piece of grilled cheese.
"More" was all Bri said
"Amazing I'm full" Sani yearned. "Sani ready for a nap? Bri are you can eat more?"
"No mommy" Bri vocabulary has been increasing. But she still struggle a bit. Stacking the bowls, and plates, I moved the pot of soup; determined to make only one trip, I folded the blanket put it over my arm, attempted to grab the pot and bowls. But Zeek big hands was grabbing the items, I only had to carry the blanket in.

I could tell he was still bothered so I muttered a small "thank you" and went play a movie in the living room for the girls. While I wash the dishes. Having them settled. I walk into the kitchen to see my husband doing the dishes. "Oh you must be sorry?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "More than my wife know, I shouldn't have yelled at you, especially in front of our kids ma that was foul of me" putting his head down.

I didn't even reply it was my turn to be mad, or fake mad or whatever I just know it was my turn. I walked passed him, refrigerating the rest of the soup. "Ma, you not gonna say nothin" I just kept ignoring him. This time going upstairs to our bedroom. I seriously don't know why I am mad. He apologized and everything I wasn't even mad when it happened. So why am I mad?

Before I can stop it the tears was rolling down my face. Zeek walked in the room. "I didn't mean to hurt you bae I swear I didn't" he looked so sad and sincere I bet if I ever bring this up he gonna say I'm lying lol. "It's not you baby it's these damn hormones they all over the place" I laughed while still having tears stream down my face. "My son gonna be a cry baby messing with you" he had the nerve to be shaking his head. I just stale faced him "it's a girl, and no she not" "yea, yea, cut that shit short ma" he really works my nerves.

Climbing my butt in bed I was so tired these days. I like to be up and moving but lately I wanted to be in bed and sleeping I forgot how drastic pregnancy affects your body but I wouldn't change it. Following suit Winter was curled right up under me like a damn big baby. We watched reruns of Martin laughing like it just aired! Living single was up next and the Wayans bro's. I don't know when but at some point my ass was sleep.

Please comment, vote, I would love to hear from you guys. ❤️❤️❤️