Part 16

WINTER POV

It's been two weeks and Lanae and I just left the doctors office, we found out she was 8 weeks meaning the first time ya boy hit, he got a home run. I'm was very excited about that only proves she was meant to be my wife.

That also means we have 8 more weeks to find out if my dick getting tatted or whatever as my wager I still haven't decided. However my ass was in such a good mood. That seemed to change quickly once my phone started ringing.
"What the fuck you want?"
"Hi to you to Winter, I wanna see my daughter" this bitch had the nerve to say like she had that right it's been months since she even called for her.
"What daughter?"
"Don't play with me Winter our daughter. You might got that hoe of yours playing mommy but I had her and I want to see her"

see I was going to disrespect her something serious for disrespecting my wife, but I already won this game with her. Me and Lanae already went to the court papers months ago. I got full custody cause dummy on the phone never showed up to court. And Lanae is in the process of legally adopting Brianna.

"So I'm guessing you didn't eat the papers huh? To busy running around with them downtown niggas" laughing "the court grated me full custody and you lost all rights, and you ever call my wife a hoe again" I gritted through my teeth "they will never find you"
Hanging up the phone I through it on the passenger seat she had me too mad right now what kind of so called mother.

So caught up entertaining this dizzy broad I almost, almost didn't notice the car following me. They was trying to be discreet but they was too obvious, staying to close. Grabbing my phone once more I called black. "I'm being followed, black car, dark tints, license plate KYT567" "got you, bring them down Magellan"

Not changing my pace, gliding down penn. ave I made the necessary turns but before I can hit Magellan.
Pop!
Pop!
Pop!
Pop!

Swerving trying to not hit the light pole, I felt my arm go numb, but fuck that I wasn't slowing down.

Turning on Magellan Winter car slowed down. Black, Red, and King came running during at the car that was pursuing him. Jay Mack and Tarrell wasn't far behind ambushing the car from another angle, the black car hit the pole. Running up to the car, all of them was shocked to see Zy their first cousin, one of the ones they brought into this game and an unknown. Zy was dead.

Rushing to Winter, they wasn't sure if he was dead or not. Picking him up the best they could his unconscious body was dead weigh making him an additional 20 pounds it felt like. Getting him to the back of the car they rushed to the nearest hospital.

LANAE POV

I found myself trying to keep busy, restless if you might say. Ezekiel hasn't called and not answering and absentmindedly I thought back to my ex.
Flashback
"Mike this is the third time I called are you ok? Please call back" hanging up the phone feeling yet defeated again, what if he was hurt or locked up or something and I can't be there.

After about 2 hours the door bust open. Thank God he was home. "Babe I was worried" I ran to him only to be smacked down cause I interrupted him while he was cheated with the girl down the way. "I'm trying to enjoy some new pussy and you kept blowing me up" he yelled while grabbing my hair pulling me down the hall. I didn't fight back. That night he beat me so bad I couldn't even get up to breastfeed Niyah and it was my fault.

Breaking out of those harsh torturing thoughts I kept cleaning and wiping things down. My heart slowly breaking. What is it with us? We say we love and trust someone but when it comes down to trusting them completely we doubt and back out. Why do I feel this man love in my soul and body but my own thoughts ruin it cause my past. Why couldn't I let go? Of all the bad thoughts and memories. How do I keep saying I am healed from the pain but every situation remind me of it?

The ringing of my phone broke my thoughts.
"Hello"
"Nae you gotta get here and you gotta get here now" King didn't sound like himself and it scared me.
"Where King what's wrong?" I'm starting to panic, but instinct I ran to wake my girls.
"ACMC just get here"
"Tell me what's wrong!" I demanded but the line went dead.
Quickly ordering a Uber while gathering things for the girls and them I ran to the elevator which seem to take forever.

What happened?

What's wrong?

Where is Winter?

Calling him again and no answer my anxiety really took over. My husband he in trouble. All I can do is pray. Finally hitting ground level. Grateful the Uber was outside and waiting. I got us in and we was off. So many thoughts going through my head and so many tears falling I can barely see when we pulled up.

Rushing inside I was met with the crew. Making my way to them they all stopped looked at me and they're looks was crimson and I just dropped to my knees. I heard my babies screaming and crying mommy but my heartache was so great I couldn't move or respond. They rushed me grabbing the girls in the process.

Black spoke "Nae your pregnant, the girls are watching pull together they can't see this" he was right I had to find out what was going on first. Being told the story I sat dazed and out of it. They cared for the girls. Laughing and joking and even giving them snacks this late but I couldn't register anything or seem to care my husband the man I love and vowed my life to. Him my savior who hours ago I was doubting was hurt. And guilt set in.

Maybe y'all don't know about guilt but its a bitch. I cried more.

"Wife of Ezekiel Hyman" a tall older doctor that looked to be in his 60s, with a bald head, wearing a long white coat called out. He looked more like a basketball player than a doctor in my opinion. "I am her" my body was trembling and my palms was sweating this is the very place I officially met my husband. God please don't let this be the place I lose him. "Mr. Hyman is stable, it's seems the bullet struck through his armpit and missed his heart by 3/4 of an inch. I am a strong man of medicine and science. But that was strictly the Lord" he gave my shoulder a small squeeze and smiled warmly at me. And I just cried more thanking God for sparing his life. "Can I see him?" "Of course right this way" I followed Dr. James while the crew followed me.

A/N
please excuse mistakes some times I just get so excited or so emotional lol I will proofread please enjoy and leave comments and votes