Chapter 45

Wahhh this fanart is soooo pretty! Also I think I'm gonna update slower cuz I'm suffering :,)

After Jimin hysterically stabbed Chinhwa, the waves surrounding them fell away, and the enemy ships sailed away as fast as they could, for they could not keep themselves together after their snipers got their captains.

Unfortunately, this was also the time where Yoongi's crew learned about his death.

"What do you mean he's dead?!" Echo screeched, disbelief painting her features. "Are you fucking with me?" Namjoon blinked harshly, his eyes stinging a bit due to the realization that Yoongi was probably gone.

"N-no, I'm not." His voice cracked at the end, and he broke, tears cascading the side of his cheeks as the entire crew let out yells of sorrow. Unable to take it, some of the people who were closest to Yoongi collapsed, including Namjoon.

"How?!" Ace whispered, wiping at her eyes and sniffling loudly. She stared at Namjoon through puffy eyes. "What happened?"

And so Namjoon explained, with Jimin helping him fill out the spots during the first part he missed.

"I feel so pathetic," Jimin cried, wiping his tears harshly, but they still came, and eventually, he gave up, just letting them flow freely. "Chinhwa wasn't even all that powerful, having lost some of his power from my father, but I still couldn't do anything!"

Nori took a trembling Jimin into her arms and sighed, patting his back gently in order to sooth the sobbing merman. Taehyung crawled over too, so he could console Jimin as well.

"Don't cry Chim." Taehyung whispered, staring sadly at his older brother. "I don't think Yoongi would like to see you so sad. He would want you to be happy."

"He's right Jimin." Ace added. "Yoongi is a selfless person. He doesn't want anyone he cares about to be sad because of him." Jimin nodded weakly and buried his face into Taehyungs shoulder.

"So, what do we do now?" Namjoon mulled over this, uncertainty painting his features. "For now, we need go retire somewhere until we can get our act together. This sudden death is too shocking, and I'm afraid it's going to affect us."

"What about the ships who helped us?"

"We'll lie to them." The group murmured, seemingly disliking this idea.

"But they helped us!" Jungkook protested. "I think they should know." Namjoon shook his head and gave a pained smile. "Yes, I know Kook. Without them we would have suffered drastic consequences. But what if they accidentally leak it out? It will cause havoc and unbalance." Jungkook, now understanding the situation, backed down and beside Taehyung again.

"Them what do you suggest we do then?"

"The best we can do is pretend Yoongi is still alive, and say he suffered a major wound and is now resting. No more, no less." The group hummed in agreement and split up, each going their separate ways. Some, still shocked over Yoongis deaths. Those were the ones who were closest to Yoongi. The others, albeit upset and traumatized, accepted reality.