Chapter 11

*

*

"A rune? What's a rune?" Jimin asked curiously.

"It's a stone with a carving of a rune that has been blessed by the sea." Yana answered, giving him a look.

"Of course, there has been no written records of anybody finding it, but that doesn't mean there hasn't been anyone who found it."

Echo spoke for the first time since coming.

"Then how are we going to find it?"

"The sea." Yana answered.

Yoongi sighed scarcastically. "If I had to guess, it'll be in the sea somewhere." Echo flicked him between the eyes.

"No duh, dumbass."

Yoongi growled at her. "I was being scarcastic."

"Uh huh."

Yana shushed  and glared at them. "Stop being so childish."

"So is it in the sea?" Yana frowned. "Yes, so Yoongi definitely doesn't have it."

Jimin froze as realization washed over him.

Stupid, stupid, that means Chinhwa was lying!

Taehyung noticed his external struggle and voiced his worries out.

"Chinhwa lied. He told us Yoongi had it, but he doesn't." Yana nodded gravely.

"Yes, I know Chinhwa and his Father. His father asked me for my help to find the very rune you are seeking for, but I didn't tell him anything. But if he lied to you about its whereabouts, then it means he knows where it is. My guess would be the palace."

Jimin and Taehyung both looked shocked. "T-the palace? But how come we've never known about it?" Yana chuckled.

"That's because you're father didn't know about it either. I don't know how Chinhwa knew about it, but I guess someone told him."

Jimin turned to Yoongi.

"Me and Taehyung have to go back!" Jimin exclaimed. Yoongi nodded and turned to Yana.

"We have to go now." Yana nodded and shooed at them, pushing them out the door.

"Then you better get going." Everyone nodded and bid her goodbye.

After watching them leave, Yana smiled a little sadly to herself.

By the time the sun was starting it's hour long down to the horizon, Jimin, Taehyung, Yoongi, Jungkook, Echo, Reo and Jin has made it back to the ship.

Everyone greeted them, and asked how it went.

"We have to go back to the place we found Jimin and Taehyung." Yoongi said, and waved to Namjoon to get them going.

As the ship left the tiny island, Jimin retreated to the front of ship and sat, with his legs dangling over the side. It felt nice, to feel the wind on his bare legs, something he would have never had felt if he decided to stay put.

Behind him, Taehyung sat down in the little narrow space there was, their thighs brushing closely.

"Haven't been talking to you much since coming here, huh?" Taehyung murmured, knocking his head gently against Jimin's.

"It's ok Tae, you deserve to be with Jungkook." Taehyung smiles a bit, then lifts his head to smile devishly at Jimin.

"But you've been pretty busy with Yoongi, huh? You like his company, right?"

Jimin blushed. "N-no." Taehyung arches his eyebrow.

Jimin turned away and tried to hide his face with his tiny hands. "F-fine. Yes I-I do L-like Yoongi's company."

"What about him?" Jimin looked at Taehyung in confusion. "What do you mean about him?" Taehyung poke him in the ribs.

"Do you like Min Yoongi?" Jimin shrieked and pushed at Taehyung's face.

"S-shut up!" Taehyung giggled. "But you didn't deny it~!"

They sat there for a while, then Taehyung let out a shout.

"Dolphins! Chim! There's Dolphins! I love Dolphins!"

Below them, sleek, shiny, mammals were leaping over the water, swimming along with the ship.

Their shouts of glee attracted the other crew members, and they joined them, laughing and cheering at the dolphins. Even Yoongi joined, smiling a little at the squealing dolphins.

"They're so cute!" Jimin yelled. Then, grinning, he took took off his shirt.

Yoongi wanted to bury himself 100 feet under the ground. He had to witness Jimin taking off his shirt and pants, revealing his smooth sk-, goddamnit Yoongi, stop looking!

Standing up onto the edge, Jimin jumped into the water.

Heart pounding with anxiety, Yoongi ran over to the edge, and saw Jimin surfacing, eyes turned into crescents, blinding teeth curved into a laugh.

Yoongi felt dumbstruck as he stared at Jimin's angel looking face.

The moment was ruined by Taehyung screaming, "cannonball!"

Jimin shrieked as Taehyung splashed into the water beside him, smiling cutely as he giggled. Their activities spurred on other people to join them, including Jungkook, who shyly took off his shirt to show his abs. The crew whistles as Jungkook blushed and quickly jumped into the water, joining Taehyung as he hugged him.

A little ways away, Jimin was on his back, floating on top of the water as his eyes were closed peacefully. The sun shined on his face, illuminating the merman's delicate features.

Ethereal. Yoongi thought. Then a realization crossed over him.

Fuck. He thought. I like him.