Nurse friend

Niall left Harry's home right after Christmas was over. He had kindly declined everyone's offer to drive him back, he instead took a cab and headed back to London.

As soon as he arrived to the flat he laid on his bed with a small smile on his face as he felt some kicks. He looked up at the ceiling and the memory of when he and Harry had sex came to his mind. He hasn't had time to really think about it and now here he was thinking about it. He wanted to remember it as meaningless sex but truth was it meant more to him. He felt a connection with him, even if it meant nothing to Harry, it meant a whole lot to him.

He lets himself fall into a deep sleep, the thought of Harry slowly drifting away. When he awakens he notices the silence and he starts to become anxious. He gets out of bed and turns all the lights on, he felt so alone. He takes his phone out and tries calling Eleanor, Zayn, and Shawn but it seemed like they were busy with their families. He tried studying but the thought of being alone and something happening to him scared him. Niall debated whether or not he should call this person and if it was a good idea, it takes him about an hour to finally decide on it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Taron." Niall held his breath, he was starting to regret it.

"Niall, are you okay?" He asks concerned.

"I'm so sick of being so lonely," He whispers into the phone, hating himself for calling him. He doesn't care.

"What was that?"

"Could you maybe come over?" Niall breathes out, he expected him to decline but when he agrees to it and asks for the address he becomes shy and thanks him. He hangs up once he gives him the address, he looks around the flat and shakes his head. I shouldn't have done that.

....................................................

"How are you?" Taron asks as soon as Niall lets him in.

"I'm doing okay, thanks for coming." He smiles shyly, he couldn't believe he was actually there.

"Is no one here?" He looks around the flat and notices how quiet it was. "Rosemary said you had left with Harry, did you not?"

"I did, but, I came back early." Niall takes him to the lounge room.

"And Harry let you come back on your own?" He asks in disbelief.

"Eh, he didn't want me to leave but I couldn't stay there any longer. I needed some alone time.." He trails off.

"Niall? Can I ask you something?" Taron sits on the sofa next to him.

"Sure." Niall nods.

"Are you actually fine? I don't mean to be nosy or anything, it seems to me you're silently hurting." He says in a soft tone. "You can trust me, you know?"

Niall looks him in the eyes and then looks away, he didn't like how intense his eyes were. It gave him anxiety. "I mean, if I didn't trust you I wouldn't have invited you over." He says in a teasing tone, purposely not answering him.

"I guess you're right," He chuckles. "Has the baby given you any problems?" He glances down at the bump.

"Did you come here to examine me?" Niall raises his brow at him.

"No." He laughs. "But I could if you wanted me to."

"What?" Niall blushes.

"I didn't mean it like that, jesus, I'm an idiot." Taron laughs nervously.

"We can watch something," He quickly changes the subject. "Any film you'd like to watch?"

"Elf?" He grins. "Christmas has passed but I'm still in the Christmas mood."