Fake smiles

Niall woke up feeling cold, he wasn't sure if it was because he was still naked or because of the way he felt; used. He sits up and looks around the room, he saw his briefs and sweatpants scattered around. He felt his breathing start to pick up, his lungs ached as he tried to breathe, scary thoughts kept running through his head. He shuts his eyes and slowly breathes in and out until he felt like he was in control, he opens his eyes and blinks away the tears. He swallows the lump in his throat and gets out of bed, pulling up his sweatpants before grabbing his towel and clothes, he walks over to the bathroom.

He takes a long warm shower, making sure he was clean washing away all the kisses, touches, and tears from last night. He steps out of the shower and was quick to change into his clean clothes. He brushes his teeth and before he walks out he looks at himself in the mirror and fakes a smile. It's going to be okay.

As soon as he walked downstairs he's greeted by everyone except Harry, he was nowhere to be seen and that made him feel even better. He didn't want to see him.

"We're going shopping today," Gemma says in excitement. "Just you and I." She smiles.

"What about everyone else?" He asks looking at Michal and Anne.

"We'll be preparing the house for Christmas, don't worry about us love." Anne says with a kind smile on her face.

"Do you want Harry to go?" Gemma asks, she didn't want to make Niall uncomfortable.

"No, it's okay. I'd love to go with you." Niall was relieved he wasn't going to be with him.

"We'll leave after lunch." She noticed Harry standing by the kitchen island with a scowl on his face. "Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?"

"No, not all." He says ignoring all of their stares.

"I would love to cook for all of you, as a thank you for letting me stay here." Niall says looking at Anne. "Maybe I can make dinner?"

"Oh sweetie you don't have to," She shakes her head.

"Please, it would be my pleasure." He was planning on taking a cab back to London tomorrow morning, even if it cost him a fortune.

"Alright, hun." Anne nods, she was quite excited to try his cooking.

.......................................................

"My back is killing me!" Gemma whines as she and Niall made their way inside the house. "Does yours?"

"A bit yeah." Niall smiles at her, he had enjoyed the little outing he had with her. She was such a fun, caring, and funny person.

"Lets go lay down on the sofa, we deserve a fucking nap." She places her shopping bags by the staircase. "I'll let Michal know about those bags." She walked over to the lounge room, she stops abruptly and whines louder.

Niall chuckles softly, she reminded him of his little cousin and it warmed his heart. He finally looks up and his eyes widen when he sees a young woman sitting on Harry's lap. He quickly looks away from them, he steps back wanting to hide from everyone.

"Get the fuck off that sofa," Gemma spits out.

"Gemma! I missed you!"

"Nadine, not now. I need to fucking lay down so please kindly fuck off." She rolls eyes when she starts laughing.

"You're even more moody now," Nadine stands up pulling on Harry's hand. "Come on, lets go to your room."

Gemma grabs Niall's hand and leads him to the sofa, she sits next to him and grins. "Harry be a good friend and take Niall's bags upstairs." She takes them away from Niall's hold and hands them to Harry.