Chapter 43.

Despite being surrounded by his family, Niall was quiet over the next few days. Which was so unlikely of him. Harry supposed it was the hormones that was bringing him down so he went to the nearest florist shop and got him a bouquet roses. He didn’t know whether this was a simple or “over-the-top” gesture but he went for it anyway. While Maura was at work, he had headed out in the pouring rain and come back around ten minutes later.

Niall was still sleeping when he enters the house so Harry decides to make him breakfast. After he’s finished making him breakfast, he heads upstairs with the breakfast tray, which has a single rose in a fancy vase sitting at the corner. He carefully carries it to the guest room and quietly opens the door. Harry can’t help the ridiculous grin on his face as he sees Niall. There was an unmistakable bump under the bed sheet, where Niall’s hand lay protectively around it. The bump wasn’t defined as such, but it was definitely there and Harry couldn’t help the ache of protectiveness that stirred in his chest as he stares at the sight before him.

Harry quietly sets the tray down on the bed side table and nudges Niall’s shoulder gently. “Niall?” he whispers and starts to kiss his face. Suddenly Niall’s eyes flutter and he erupts into a hysteria of sleepy giggles and he brushes the strands of Harry’s hair out of his eyes. Niall yawns and gazes up at Harry, who dips his head and kisses Niall feverishly. Niall replies almost instantly and moves his tongue against Harry’s, enjoying the sheer warmth. “I made you breakfast.” He murmurers against Niall’s mouth. Niall smiles warmly at him when Harry produces the breakfast tray to him.

On it, was a plate of pancakes with scooshie cream on top, made into a smiley face. On the side, was a small plate of scones and blueberry muffins and a glass or orange juice. Niall’s heart fluttered at the gesture and his eyes widened when Harry pulled out a bouquet of red roses, much like the one he received in Verona. “What’s all this for?” Niall asks curiously, sniffing the roses, only to sneeze innocently afterwards. Harry couldn’t help but laugh.

“Well, you looked a bit down recently, so I thought I’d cheer you up.” Harry admits and pecks Niall on the nose for the second time since Niall had woken up. Niall smiles gratefully and sets the roses aside. He grabs his knife and fork and digs into his breakfast. He hummed in appreciation as the warm food ran down his throat and he took a sip of orange juice. Harry watched with fasciation as Niall ate and every few minutes he’d stroke a crumb off the corner of Niall’s mouth.

Once Niall was finished, gobbled every last bit of pancake, he set the empty tray back on the bed side table and kissed Harry again. Harry let out a surprised moan as Niall fisted at Harry’s t-shirt and pulled him forward onto the bed. Harry was careful to place his hand on the other side of Niall’s belly as he leaned in, a hand on Niall’s shoulder. When Harry had finally settled himself on the bed comfortably, his hands travelled blindly under the bed sheets, searching for the hem of Niall’s t-shirt. When Harry found what he was looking for, he grabbed it and hiked Niall’s t-shirt over his chest, too lazy to take it off completely. Harry leaned in to kiss Niall again and his fingers began to tweak at Niall’s nipples. Niall gasped a little, tensing up and he pulled away, pressing their foreheads together. “N-not….not my nipples.” Niall mumbled, almost incoherently. Harry gives Niall a questionable look. “They’re…a little sensitive.” He admits sheepishly and Harry laughs breathlessly, kissing him again and pulling his t-shirt over his stomach again.

That’s when they heard the familiar ding coming from Niall’s bed side table, indicating that it was the timer telling them it was time for Niall’s injection. Harry groans when Niall reluctantly pulls away. “You know, Dr. Miller says we don’t always have to take it at the exact same time.” Harry tries hopefully but Niall shakes his head dismissively when he hands Harry the small injection bag.