Chapter 41.

Over the two weeks that Niall was suspended from school, Harry was at Uni for nearly a week and a half and quite frankly, Niall was restless without him.

Liam tried to keep him company as much as he could. Even taking him to the cinema and having FIFA nights with him. Zayn, on the other hand, only came once or twice. He still found it hard to grasp the fact that his best friend was pregnant. He was getting there, though. Slowly but surely. In fact, only just last week, Niall had caught Zayn eyeing up a Bob the Builder play set while Niall shopped at their local supermarket, Tesco. It had brought hope to Niall but it had soon disappeared when Zayn looked up at Niall, caught him staring and he disappeared off in another aisle.

Movie nights to the cinema with Liam became irritable for Niall. Especially since he couldn't sit longer in a comfortable seat for more than an hour and was constantly going to the bathroom to pee and he ended up missing half of the movie. Niall felt a little insecure and paranoid when he went to pee. He didn't want other men thinking there was something wrong with him so he attempted to hide the bump as much as possible.

On the last week of Niall's suspension, that's when Harry finally came home. It was raining when Harry got to Niall's flat so he was careful to hang up his wet coat and leave his damp umbrella at the door. "Niall?" He calls through the flat. There's a sudden loud clatter to be heard from the kitchen and Harry rushes to investigate. Niall was crouched down at broken shards of glass which once was a plate. Niall yelped in pain as one of the shards caught Niall's shaking hand and the blood seeped through his skin. Harry gasps and bent down to help him. "Bloody hell, Niall." Harry sighs and helps Niall up. He guides him to the kitchen sink and starts to clear up with the blood. Niall yelps again and whimpers softly, wincing a little.

"You shouldn't be bending down like that anyway, let alone picking up a broken glass." Harry scolds, continuing to run his hand under the water.

"I...I just got a fright." Niall explains lamely and Harry sighs, kissing his boyfriend on the cheek. "There's a mop and brush under the sink." Niall adds, cradling his bump with his free hand as he moves to the side, letting Harry open the cupboard doors and he goes to remove the glass.

When Harry's finished, he goes the first aid box under the sink as well and bandages up Niall's bloody hand. "Is Liam not here?" Harry asks, biting his lip anxiously.

"No, he's studying for his final exam." Niall sighs then Harry eyes him curiously. "Why?" He asks curiously. Harry opens his mouth to speak then closes it again.

"You asked him to check on me, didn't you?" Niall reasons, feeling a little hurt. He folds his arms across his chest and stares at Harry.

"Well, I was gone for two weeks and you were all here by yourself, I didn't-"

"I am fine, Harry. And very capable of looking after myself, thank you very much. I've been doing so for the past five years." Niall huffs. Harry wasn't amused.

"Yeah and you almost just broke your hand in the process." Harry retorts and Niall scoffs, rolling his eyes.

"Oh, don't be so dramatic." Niall sighs heavily and makes his way toward the living room.

"Two weeks ago, you fell over one if Lux's toys without looking where you were going." Harry points out, following after him.

"That was an accident, it could've happened to anyone." Niall replies lazily, setting himself down on the sofa. Niall was definitely testing Harry's patience. He was being so careless!

Harry hurriedly sits down next to him on the sofa, resting his elbow on the back of it. "Niall, I'm just worried about you. You know I care about you." Harry assures him, stroking a strand of hair out of his face. Niall smiles warmly in reply and leans into Harry's touch. Niall rolls over and sits on Harry's lap, straddling him and he begins to kiss him lovingly and tentatively.