Chapter 14.

Niall finds himself chapping on Harry's door. He doesn't really know what brought him to do so but all he knows is that he wants to talk to him. He finds himself dusting down his clothes and licking his already wet lips. He guessed his jealousy got the best of him, when he saw Harry talking to Kayleigh- at the play.

"Hi." Harry is smiling as he opens the door, holding an orange in his hands. Gosh, that boy never stops eating healthy. Not that Niall was complaining. "Can I talk to you?" For once, Niall is shy. "Sure."

Harry steps aside and let's Niall through. "What's up?" Harry asks curiously, gesturing for Niall to sit down. Niall opens his mouth, then closes it again. He knows what to say, he just doesn't know how to say it.

"I get...jealous a lot...when you talk to girls." He begins. Harry's eyebrows furrow as he sets the orange peels on a napkin on the coffee table. "You're jealous of me talking to the girls?" Harry suggests, sounding generally confused. Niall's eyes widen, his cheeks flushing in embarrassment. "Actually, it's the other way around. I'm jealous of the girls speaking to you." Niall explains and realization dawned on Harry. "Oh."

"I didn't like the way she was flirting with you and it was just embarrassing that she got all the quotes wrong and she sounded so stupid." Niall vented and Harry couldn't help but laugh, shaking his head a little as if he were thinking of a private joke. "What?"

"I was actually thinking of you when she was telling me all that bull." Harry admits and Niall's cheeks redden even more. His look is hopeful. "You were?"

"Yeah. I was thinking about your essay and what you said was the complete opposite to what she was saying." Harry said. That was a good thing, wasn't it? The look on Harry's face told him it was. Niall tried hard not to act modest.

Harry was looking away, feeling shy so Niall moved in, and kissing him. Harry gasps a little, Niall's name muffled against his lips. Harry's hand made its way to Niall's neck, pulling him close. There it was again. That spark. Niall actually enjoyed kissing Harry. Harry was hesitant as Niall moved closer, practically sitting on Harry's lap when the door open, unheard by the boys.

Louis stiffened on the spot, his eyes on the boys. "You!" Louis yelled. He made his way toward Niall, his hands in a strangling gesture as he lunged himself at Niall, pulling him away from his best friend.

Niall fell with a thud on the floor, hurting his back in the process. Niall yelped in pain as Louis started to attack Niall, aiming punches at his jaw and his stomach. Harry could only watch in horror.

"No! No! Dad, stop! Please!" The frantic cries caused Louis to stop all of a sudden, staring wide-eyed at a desperate Niall, whose eyes were shut as he whimpered. Dad...? Where did that come from? Louis took a few steps back, glancing nervously at Harry. Harry stared at Niall for a second, before bending down and scooping him in his arms, cradling him. Niall was shaking, rocking back and forth. As Niall cried, Harry looked up at Louis and glared at him. “Harry, I’m sorry –“

“Just go.” Harry spoke sternly. Louis opens his mouth to protest and closes it again, leaving without another word. “He’s gone, Niall. He’s gone.” Harry whispers, kissing his hair. Niall is still shaking uncontrollably. “P-panic attack.” Niall mumbles, gripping tightly onto Harry’s t-shirt. Harry gulped, unsure of what to do. “Everything’s fine, Niall. You’re going to be okay.” He soothes and almost instantly, Niall starts to calm down. His face buried in Harry’s chest. Harry didn’t know what was going on, but something had set Niall off – and Harry knew that was Louis. He was going to pay for that later.

Niall suddenly clears his throat, freeing himself from Harry. He was still shaking, but not as much as he was before. His face was pale and worried. “I better go.” He said warily, glancing anxiously around the room as if he was searching for Louis. “He’s gone Niall, like I said.” Harry promises but Niall closes his eyes, shaking his head. “I really, I – I really need to go.” He spoke hurriedly and walked swiftly out the flat, into his own. It was Saturday evening, so Niall finds himself texting Liam and saying that he’d make it to his party after all.