Chapter 37.

Liam got a taxi to Zayn's house, as he had already had a few drinks. When he arrives, Trisha answers the door and he greets her with a warm smile. "You know where to find him." She smiles, stepping aside and letting Liam through. Liam thanked her and headed upstairs, taking the second door on the left.

There, he found Zayn in a room full of graffiti art. There was a few doodles of Liam himself plastered around. Niall was amongst them as well and that was where Zayn was; crouched down with a white mask over his mouth, working on his next piece of art. There's nothing in the room except a navy blue sofa and some sort of CD player which was plugged in at the wall. The window was wide open with no curtains attached to it, despite the fact that it was dark and freezing outside.

Zayn looks up, a vacant expression in his face. "Hey." He sighs, standing up. Liam smiles at him and sits down, turning to Zayn. Zayn tosses a spray can bottle aside so that it lands with a clatter in the corner next to the window and grabs the nearest one on the floor. He makes his way over to the other side of the wall and starts decorating.

“Z, you need to accept that Niall is pregnant.” Liam began. Zayn ignores him and continues to paint. Liam heaves a deep sigh. “Look, he’s gonna need all the support he can get these next couple of months.” Liam tried. Still nothing. “Why is it so hard for you to accept it?” Liam asks exasperatingly and that’s when Zayn turns now, tossing another can aside. This time, louder. Liam couldn’t help but wince at the sound.

“I just don’t know who Niall is anymore.” Zayn shrugs with a sigh and Liam frowns at him.

“How do you mean?”

“It’s ever since Harry got into his life! Ever since they met, Niall has completely abandoned us.”

“That’s not true-“

“Let me finish, Liam.” Zayn interrupts and Liam pursed his lips before letting Zayn continue. “Ever since they started on that Romeo and Juliet shit, Niall has blown us off thousands of time! And when we were dating, he never asked us once about our relationship – not that I recall off. Then all of a sudden his dad is back in town, his mum isn’t dead and he’s away off to Verona with Harry for some fucking romantic getaway! Now he’s knocked up! It doesn’t make any sense!” Zayn shouted, tossing a third can. Zayn heaved a deep sigh, sitting on the cold floor, crossing his legs. “Harry’s got him wrapped around his finger.” Zayn says in a softer tone, running a hand through his hair.

“He’s in love with him, he just doesn’t know it.” Liam shrugs helplessly. Zayn looks up at him.

“In love with him enough to have a baby? He’s 18!” Zayn exclaims.

“I don’t know,” Liam shrugs. “I’ve never been in love before.” He admits. Zayn studies him curiously then sighs deeply.

“I will come round, eventually…I just need to be alone.” Zayn admits finally. Liam nods and flashes Zayn a grateful smile. Standing up, he pats Zayn on the shoulder and leaves, heading back to Niall’s flat. When he knocks, Niall calls out, saying that it’s open and he enters the flat. He finds Niall at the kitchen, getting rid of dirty dishes and empty beer bottles.

“Where’s your other half?” Liam teases and Niall smirks.

“He went to talk to Louis.” He answers and Liam nods, perching himself on the kitchen counter, next to Niall. “How’s Zayn?” Niall asks anxiously. There’s a short pause.

“He’s…thinking things through.” Liam admits. Niall nods slowly and goes back to the dishes. “Shouldn’t you be putting your feet up with a box of chocolates, watching rotten TV?” Liam teases and Niall laughs.