Chapter 5.

The next day Niall was a no show and Harry couldn't help feeling anxious. At the end of his lesson, he called Liam up. "Have you heard from Niall?" He asked innocently. Liam squinted his eyes a little bit but then shook his head. "Not since yesterday, no. I've texted him but he hasn't replied." He shrugged and Harry sighed heavily. "Okay, thank you." Harry replied politely and excused Liam from his class.

Harry had gone out for a run early this morning like he did every Monday morning but he didn't see Niall. He didn't even get to use the mail as an excuse to talk to him anymore because Niall had sorted it out with the mail man, which was a bit unfortunate for Harry, really. He liked talking to Niall because that accent of his just put a smile on his face.

At lunch, Harry waited in the cafeteria. He was rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet impatiently, with his hands behind his back when he spotted them. Zayn and Liam. They were by themselves, laughing and joking around as if nothing was out of the ordinary. But it was the way they were interacting that made Harry smile a little. The tentative touches, the intense gazes and the dilated eyes. Harry knew that feeling all too well and he wondered if they acted this way around Niall or they kept it to themselves as not to disturb him.

Harry averted his eyes when he watched Liam whisper something into Zayns ear, making Zayn blush and looking up at Liam with an adoring expression on his face. But when he looked up again, he was disappointed to see a girl sitting by Liam's side, brunette and pretty and Liam leaned over to kiss her. He watched as Zayns smile disappeared completely and he fell silent, his eyes lowered to his food on his plate. "Sir? Can I take your order?" It was woman behind the canteen. Apparently Harry had misheard her calling him multiple times, too focused on Zayn and Liam. He apologised and quickly ordered his lunch and left without another word. Teenage drama. He'd never understand it.

Harry had never been thankful for when it was time to go home. He drove home quickly, eager to get to Niall. Instead of going to his apartment like he normally would, he chapped on Nialls door hastily. He paused when there was no answer. "Niall?" He called uncertainly but again, there was no answer.

Frowning, his hand wrapped around the door handle and he pushed the door open. Something was definitely wrong. Niall hadn't even had time to lock his door? That didn't sound like him. He walked through Nialls flat and found Niall in the bathroom. He was dressed in only a towel, fresh and damp from the shower. Water droplets dripped from his body and his hair was wet. The shower was steamy and Niall lay unconscious on the bathroom floor. But that wasn't the worst of it. His body was lying in an uncomfortable manner and his left leg was swollen and bruised all over, twice the size it normally should be.

"Niall!" Harry exclaimed, bending down to help the poor boy. Niall stirred and lifted himself up, his eyes fluttering open. "Wow, you're blurry." Niall mumbled, staring at Harry with a troubled expression.

"You might have a concussion." Harry stated and Niall sighed, pulling the towel around him more. "I think I'm seeing two of you." Niall frowned and Harry gulped. "What happened?"

"I was having me shower and I couldn't walk so I must've tripped and fell and bumped me head of something." Niall shrugged, standing up and stumbling to the side as he did so. "Whoa, steady," Harry breathed, clinging onto Niall.

"I should probably get dressed." Niall spoke nervously, gesturing to the fresh clothes on the bathroom floor. "This is a little bit awkward." Niall admitted and Harry laughed. "I'll be waiting out here." Harry said, pointing to Nialls bedroom and Niall nodded, closing the door quietly behind him.

Niall put his boxers on but when he tried to put his jeans on, his leg was too stiff and sore to move. "Harry? Can you help me?" Niall groaned and Harry came in seconds later. "I can't get my jeans on," he blushed and Harry chuckled, bending down to help Niall put them on and he then slipped his t-shirt over his head for him.