Chapter 9.

The next morning, Harry gets dressed in a hurry and runs out to the local bakery, coming back with a basket of muffins. He then chaps on Niall’s door instead of going to his own flat. There was no answer. “Niall, I know you’re in there I can smell your bacon.” Harry spoke loudly. There was a short pause and Niall opened the door seconds later. Harry looked up and they both stood in silence, Niall feeling a little insecure standing in front of Harry, his teacher. He was just fresh out the shower; his hair damp and his eyes sleepy but he was freshly dressed in clean clothes. “These are for you.” Harry spoke confidently, handing over the basket of mini muffins. Niall’s eyes widen at the sight and he blushes.

“If this is your way of making it up from last night, you’re wrong. It’s not working.” Niall mumbles, although it was a slight lie. As if on cue, Niall’s stomach rumbles and a small smirk is plastered on Harry’s face. “Your stomach tells me otherwise.” He teases and Niall rolls his eyes. “I’m making breakfast, I’m hungry.” Niall remarked defensively, eyeing the basket of muffins longingly. “Here.” Harry speaks quietly, stretching the basket at arms-length for Niall to take.

Without realizing what he was doing, Niall snatches the basket off of him and sets it on the bar counter. Harry waits patiently in the doorway for Niall to come back. “Thank you.” Niall replied politely and Harry smiled back. “Would you like me too cook for you?” he offers and Niall sighed. “I think you should go. Laura is coming over shortly.” Niall explained and disappointment filled Harry, his smile fading.

Harry was about to leave when Niall pulled at his wrist, stopping him. “Last night didn’t happen.” Niall warned him and he looked stern, serious. Harry sighs heavily, nodding in agreement and sauntered back into his flat. But it did, Harry added in his head.

The following week, Harry was to attend his Uni. As much as he loved teaching, he still had to pass exams and sit in long lecturers to actually gain the qualification he needed to become a full-time English teacher. After all, he was only a supply teacher for a year. Going to Uni meant peace and quiet from the teens he taught and no essays to mark. In a way, it was a small part of freedom.

Although, his timing couldn’t be worse. After what happened on Saturday with Niall, he wondered if he was even thinking about him being missing. Of course he wouldn’t be. He was too cooped up in his “love life” with Laura too notice.

While he peeled and munched at a fresh orange, Harry made his way to his first lecture on Monday morning. He was about to head through a corridor when someone bumped into, nearly causing his orange to fly out his hand. He grunted and stumbled backwards, watching the girls’ many folders fly out her hand. He swore loudly and apologized, automatically bending down to help the poor girl – just after he’d finished his orange.

He briefly glanced at one of her books when he handed over to it. It was an English book, with Romeo and Juliet lying on top of it. “What’s your major?” Harry asked curiously and the girl blushed. “English Lit.” she replied simply and Harry grinned. “Me, too.” He replied and she giggled. “Hailey.” She introduced. “Harry.” He answered and they shook hands. “Are you heading into the English dept. now?” she asked and Harry nods. “I’ll take you there.” Harry suggests and Hailey nods with his hand on the small of her back, he guides her through the doors and they go the opposite direction.

---

“So…you’re a teacher?” Hailey finalizes, having a cup of tea with Harry outside Starbucks. Harry smiles cheekily. “You sound so surprised.” Harry challenges and she giggled. “I just didn’t think you’d be the type. You look you’ve just come straight out a rock band.” She admits and Harry laughed. “Yeah, I went through a little phase during my teenage years.” He answered smugly and she laughed, her eyes shining.