Chapter 27.

The next morning, Niall wakes up first before Harry. He realizes that he'd been carried to bed the previous night and was tucked up next to Harry.

Harry's sleeping soundly next to him, breathing softly with an arm wrapped protectively around his waist. His hair is tied up in a ponytail, exposing his cheekbones and jawlines. He's bloody beautiful and he doesn't want to wake him up.

So instead, he unravels himself from Harry's feeble grasp and heads outside with one of Harry's hoodies over him. He slips outside and sits on the porch swim chair. It was cold, so he wraps his arms around his chest, pulling the sleeves across his hands and he rests himself against the back.

He's startled when the front door opens and Anne steps outside, wrapped in a dressing gown and a cup of tea in her hands. "Made this for you." Anne smiles, handing him over the warm mug. Niall flashes her a grateful smile. "Thank you." Anne beams and she sits down next to Niall.

"What are you doing out here all alone?" She asks and Niall sighs. "Nothing. Just thinking." He shrugs and Anne frowns. "About what?"

"I'm just a bit overwhelmed with all this, that's all." Anne gave an encouraging nod. "It's just...I've never felt so accepted in a long time."

"Yeah. Harry told me about your family."

"He did? I'm gonna kill him." Niall snorts, shaking his head in disbelief. "I'm sorry, Niall. I didn't want to ask any questions – I mean, I knew you'd be a little bit hesitant about it. That's why I didn't say anything." Anne explained knowingly and Niall smiled softly, looking down at his lap. “Harry’s just looking out for you. He cares about you.” Anne assures him, squeezing Niall’s free hand.

“I know.” Niall smiles, although for some reason it feels forced. “Niall I have to ask,” Anne begins and Niall gives her a questionable look. “You aren’t…taking advantage of my son, are you?” she asks hesitantly. Niall’s eyes widen. It’s funny, because he knew that his own mother had asked the exact same question to Harry. “No, of course not. I’d never hurt him like that.” Niall replies softly and Anne smiles. “I know. I’m sorry love, but I had to ask. You can’t help a mother being concerned of her son, especially if he’s fallen head over heels for you.” Anne laughs and Niall’s head snapped up. “H-Harry? Head over heels…for me?” he gasps and Anne giggles at Niall’s sudden shyness.

“Niall, even blind Mrs. Walters across the road could see that.” Anne smirks and Niall sighs deeply. He’s about to open his mouth again when Harry steps outside, still dressed in the thin material that hugged his figure and a pair of gray sweats sitting low on his hips. “What’s going on here?” Harry asks, through gritted-teeth. He felt on edge. His boyfriend talking to his mother. It didn’t look good. “Just having a little chit-chat with Niall. Nothing to worry about.” Anne assures him, standing up to kiss him on the cheek. “I’d best be off to work now. You guys have fun.” She beams and waves good-bye before heading into her car.

Harry leads Niall inside and he couldn’t help smiling at the way he’s dressed. “What?” Niall frowns, when he realizes that Harry is staring at him. “You’re wearing my hoodie.” He points out and then Niall remembers and begins to take it off. “Oh, sorry-“

“No, no. You keep it on. It looks good on you.” He smirks and heads into the kitchen to make them both breakfast. Once breakfast is made, they decide to sit in the living room and watch some TV. Niall lays down on Harry’s lap with his plate on his chest, while Harry sits with his plate on the arm rest of the sofa and gently strokes Niall’s hair, his fingers running through the blonde locks which makes Niall’s eyes grow tired and half-lidded.

Gemma comes down momentarily and sits down on the armchair opposite the couple after snatching a spare piece of toast off of Harry’s plate and scoffing it herself. “Hey! That’s not nice.” Harry scowls, pouting a little bit. Gemma only shrugs, curling her feet up on the chair. “You can have mine.” Niall offers, slipping his plate on Harry’s lap. Harry thanks him and takes a bite of his leftover toast. “You guys are cute.” Gemma smirks and Niall blushes, his eyes staring way too hard at the TV. “Mhmm.” Harry approves, flicking a strand of hair out of Niall’s eyes.