Are you freaking kidding me?

Frazier and I got to know each other slowly. Oh, who am I kidding? Pft, we dove in headfirst with our father-son relationship. That was a problem when Nikita got pelted with water balloons the minutes she came into the house.

"Oops," I snickered.

"You're so dead," Frazier yelled as Nikita rolled her eyes.

"That's not cool that you both start without me," Nikita informed us, putting up her hand.

"It's not my fault you worked later than usual," I shrugged.

Nikita rolled her eyes as she went upstairs. Frazier and I laughed. We stopped laughing when Nikita changed and pelted us with her water balloons.

"They hit me," Frazier spoke dramatically. "Tell Ryan to buy a new toothbrush." He faked a cough.

"I don't want to know what you did to Ryan's current toothbrush," I replied.

Frazier opened an eye. "You're supposed to mourn me, not worry about Ryan's hygiene," Frazier told me.

"Oh, right. Oh, God! It's so terrible," I faked wailed.

"You both suck at this," Nikita remarked. We looked at her, then smiled devilishly. Nikita's eyes widened as we got up and grabbed water balloons, chasing her around the house. We all ended up soaked.

That's how the weekends went. Frazier came to spend time with us, and I got to know my son. I even taught him some pranks. He taught me how to pick a lock. We needed to work on his time.

When Frazier didn't hang out with his friends, he hung out with me. One night I came downstairs to find Frazier on the couch. I shook him lightly, waking him up.

"Sorry," Frazier yawned, sitting up.

"Frazier, what's going on?" I asked with concern.

"Living at Charles is okay, but I miss my mom," Frazier mentioned as I looked at him, furrowing my brows. "It was us against the world. Now, it feels that it's one against the world." Frazier sighed.

I sat down on the couch next to Frazier.

"It's time you knew how I met your mom," I said.

Frazier looked at me.

"When I started college, my brother Joseph dragged me to this coffeehouse. I met your mom and ordered a coffee. I don't like coffee," I said.

Frazier chuckled.

"We started as friends; then I changed that one night. Your mom told me no, as did my brothers. I didn't listen and pursued her. I didn't know she was married but didn't stop when I found out. I fell in love with your mom and planned on having a life together with her. I'll spare you the sordid details," I said.

"Thank god," Frazier groaned.

I rolled my eyes.

"Anyway, the last time I saw your mom, we spent a passionate night together, creating you. I didn't know that night resulted in a child. I hadn't seen your mother in a couple of months because of Maurice. We set a date to run off together. She never showed," I explained.

"I know I'm the result of an affair; it's hard to know people despise you," Frazier said.

"Your mom and I don't. I'm not proud of my actions or behavior, but I don't regret it. Our relationship gave us you," I explained.

I wrapped my arm around Frazier and held him. He needed comfort; only a parent can give.

"No matter what, we wanted you," I assured Frazier.

That made him feel better as we talked. It's a lot to deal with when you find out the truth. I might have regrets, but Frazier isn't one of them.

I don't want Frazier to hate his mother; she did what she had to protect him. I can't fault her for sacrificing her happiness for our son. I would've done the same thing.

*******
I was in the kitchen cleaning up when I heard the TV. What in the hell? I know I shut that off. I walked into the living room to see someone sitting there, watching a movie.

"Are you freaking kidding me?" I exclaimed.

Frazier turned to face me with a shit-eating grin on his face.

"You need to beef up your security system. I disabled that bitch in two seconds flat," he said, snapping his fingers.

I walked over and took the remote controller from Frazier and turned off the TV.

"Oh, come on! It was getting to the good part!" Frazier yelled, standing up.

"Breaking into my house doesn't give you privileges. What are you? Ten?" I asked.

"No, seventeen," he informed me.

"I don't need to bail you out of the clink again!" I exclaimed.

"Oh, come on! It's not my fault those assholes can't take a joke!" He yelled.

"You stole a horse and yelled hi-ho Silver. I have to find Tonto now," I reminded him.

"Yeah, that pissed off Ryan and Jordan," Frazier mentioned. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm trying to get you to graduate, but you make it difficult when you do stupid shit," I warned him.

"You sound like Mason," Frazier remarked.

"Oh, hell, no! You did not go there," I said emphatically.

"Oh, I went there, alright," Frazier smirked.

"That's it! Get a controller; I'm taking you down in Call of Duty," I announced.

"Bring it on, old man," Frazier challenged me.

We grabbed two controllers and turned on the video console, then played Call of Duty. No way was I turning into Mason, the grumpy bastard he is. We played, accusing each other of cheating, like father, like son.

They say the sins of our fathers mess with our future. I don't believe that. It's the choices that we make shapes us to who is meant to be later. Meeting Gloria was fate, falling in love was a chance, but producing a child is destiny.

I never thought I could love anyone more than I did, then one day, I met a fifteen-year-old kid with emerald green eyes. That kid called me Dad.

The person I ended up loving the most is Dylan Michael Frazier, my son. Sometimes love comes from unexpected people, and that person offers you unconditionally love. Who would thought it would be a child? I didn't, but I'm thrilled that it did. Thank you, Gloria, for our son and protecting him.

The problem is while I bonded with Frazier, others were plotting, and it will escalate, bringing our kids in the mix, making the boys the most feared boys of Saintwood who are the original bad boys. God have mercy on the people's soul because the boys won't.

That completes Carrington, which is from Carrington Jones POV. Saintwood: The Original Bad Boys is the next book, and it will be in Ryan's POV.

Both books tie into the Saintwood series.