Little arrivals

The past month, Gloria and I spent as much time together as we could. We kept our relationship a secret from everyone, meeting up at the motel for our rendezvous.

I imagined the day that Gloria is free from Maurice, and we begin our life together. I can't wait for that day. I planned on marrying her and having a family.

The weather began to warm, and Mason welcomed the arrival of his son, who he named Cole. We came home to welcome the new addition to the family. I held my nephew, and he was a mixture of Luci and Mason with Mason's blue eyes. As I held Cole, I imagined it was Gloria, and I welcome a little one. That thought made me smile.

"Well, Mason, he's the spitting image of you," Charles mentioned while holding Cole.

"That means Cole will be devilishly handsome when he's older," Mason remarked as we chuckled.

"What about you, Charles? When are you expanding your family?" Joseph asked.

"Not for a while. Maggie and I are working on our difficulties," Charles said, handing Cole to Luci. I looked at Charles. "Maggie doesn't trust me to start a family. It's my fault destroying her trust."

I could hear the disappointment in Charles's voice. My brother is an idiot, but I know family is important to him.

"I guess I can enjoy my nephew and Theresa's child when it arrives," Charles said, hiding his regret.

A regret can hinder you and make you stagnant. I understand Maggie's standpoint, but I know Charles hung around the wrong people. His buddies weren't squeaky clean.

I left the hospital and visited Maggie. I don't know how much good it will do, but I hope it does. I arrived at Charles and Maggie's home and knocked on the front door. Someone answered it, and I entered.

Maggie closed the door, and I stood there.

"Hi, Carri," Maggie greeted me with a cold tone.

"Hi, Maggie," I greeted her with friendliness.

"What can I do for you?" She asked abruptly.

"I came to speak with you about Charles," I answered, getting to the point. Maggie pursed her lips and crossed her arms. I can see this visit will be fun. "I know my brother is an idiot, and you have a right to your anger, but the longer you punish Charles, the more distance you will place between you and him."

"Carri, you weren't there. Charles humiliated me at my parent's hotel. People assume it's because of his friends, but Charles made a decision of his own accord," Maggie said.

"I understand, but I know we aren't perfect. We do things we aren't proud of, but it doesn't mean rubbing our nose into it. Maggie, I get that you feel humiliated and angry, but Charles made one mistake," I reasoned.

Maggie looked at me with furrowed brows.

"Do you know what it was like when I found Charles with that woman? I asked myself what I did wrong for Charles's cheating. I questioned everything about myself, and it's the first time I didn't think I was good enough for anyone," Maggie explained.

I realized what it was about with her anger. It was the same way with Gloria. A man promises to love and honor her; then I did the opposite.

"You did nothing wrong, and Charles realizes that. I can't excuse his behavior, but tonight I saw my brother regret his decision. When he held Mason's son Cole, he doesn't think he will have a family," I said as Maggie's expression changed. "When we lost our parents, it was difficult for all of us. Mason does his best, but it would be different if they lived."