All hell breaks loose

I continued to spend time with Gloria even though Joseph advised me against it. Troy kept Christine busy. She tried to call Mason without luck.

Mason was busy dealing with Charles's situation. Maggie kicked him out of the house, feeling angry with Charles, which sent him back to Mason's. With the help of Edward Morgan, Mason killed the deal with the Santiago's. That pissed off Luis Santiago, but Edward was good at persuading people to listen.

"You will pay for this," Luis threatened Mason.

"I would advise against idle threats," Edward reasoned as he sat in a chair, calmly. Luis glared at him. "I'm a reasonable man with business, but I'm not reasonable finding your family intercepting merchandise from me."

"You won't always be around, old man," Luis snarled.

"No, but my son will be, and he will see to conducting the business accordingly. Unlike Mason Jones, I have no issue giving you a dirt nap." It was a warning from Edward Morgan. You heed warnings from a boss, or you find yourself with the fishes. "Conduct your business with the others, but Charles Jones is out. He currently has no viable assets."

With that word, Edward stood up and left with Mason. They walked out to the car, and Edward turned to Mason.

"My debt is cleared. I owed your father for the times he saved my ass. I no longer am in debt to the Jones family. We will conduct business but avoid Santiago's. They don't play fair." It was a warning.

"Understood. My father would roll over in his grave if he knew the bullshit Charles pulled. This deal would ruin the family," Mason told Edward.

"Because he wants to play with the big dogs when he should be kept caged. You're a smart man, Mason. I trust you. Your brother has a lot to learn. I'm retiring soon, and Brian will take over the business. I will remain as consigliere to my boy. Any business conducted at that point will go through him," Edward explained.

Mason nodded as they got into the car and left. It wouldn't be the last time we dealt with Santiago's. Our family would have run-ins with them later. The Morgan's would be our greatest allies with handling business.

Mason returned home, enter his house and confronted Charles. It wasn't pretty.

"I swear all I was going to do was make enough money, then get out," Charles said.

"You don't get it. Santiago doesn't care. They will take your money, then rat you out, bringing the family to its knees. Dad made allies with people along the way. He knew who to trust and who to distrust. He never trusted Santiago's and for good reasons. Your faulty business deal is the least of your concerns. I have to smooth the waters with the Cascade family since we're partners in the casinos. You'll be lucky if she forgives you," Mason barked.

"Mason?" Luci said as Mason turned to see his pregnant wife standing there. She looked concerned.

He walked over to Luci and kissed her.

"Is everything okay?" She asked.

"Everything is fine. I don't want you to worry. The stress isn't good for the baby. It's family matters," Mason assured her with a smile.

Luci smiled, having faith in her husband. She knew he would handle things, allowing her to relax. It was a promise he kept when they met, unlike our idiot brother, who can't seem to make the right decisions, including keeping his dick in his pants.

Someone rang the doorbell, and Luci answered it. Maggie walked into the house as Mason and Charles stood there.

"I invited Maggie over to fix things. She didn't want to come, but I insisted. So, fix it," Luci ordered, gesturing with her hand.

"Luci," Mason said.

Luci looked at Mason then spoke Italian, following by spitting. I didn't know what is with those Italians spitting. It's the same with their food. Leave it to my brother to marry a woman from Italy.

Theresa married a man from Mexico. My family has some fetish about marrying people from another country. She was expecting as well. Both babies were due around the same time. My family wastes no time getting hitched and popping out kids, except Charles. The way he's going, he'll be lucky to keep his manhood.

Mason and Luci left Charles and Maggie alone. I don't think that was a good idea, but what do I know? I'm in love with a married woman.

"Maggie, I'm so," Charles started to say.

"Put a sock in it," Maggie interrupted as she walked towards him. "You humiliated me, and you're an idiot. I should divorce you, but I won't."

Charles looked at her, surprised.

"I will chalk it up to the fact, you're a dumbass," Maggie told him. "So, since you felt sticking your dick in someone was crucial, you will listen to me. As of now, it finishes you with your so-called friends. You will not associate with any woman besides your sisters, sisters-in-law, and me. I own you if you want to keep this marriage, or I will destroy you."

Charles furrowed his brows.

"Take it or leave it," Maggie said, not flinching. It was a deal Charles takes, agreeing to Maggie's terms. The problem is, my brother would turn around and make a deal that would include people he shouldn't. Did I mention my brother is an idiot?

The deal would include innocent people used as a pawn to compensate for a terrible dealing and to keep the Frazier's at bay. While two friends would benefit from this, one would not, and that would create animosity, setting up a game of revenge.

The issue with this deal is it would blow up in their face in the end. My brother would drag me into the mess, setting the stage for what's to come later.

*******
While my brother dealt with Maggie's terms, Maurice, Frank, and Greg invested money they shouldn't have. They thought the deal was good, then found out the hard way.

Edward Morgan was correct when he said not to trust Santiago's. Luis set up the remaining three to take the fall for a deal Charles reneged with them. Maurice, Frank, and Greg met at the location after giving money, not realizing the agreement they were making was with an undercover fed.

Luis made an anonymous call setting everyone up to take the fall. While the three intercepted the merchandise, the feds busted Greg, Maurice, and Frank for drugs and guns.

Marty Frazier got Maurice out by paying off the D.A., Greg took a plea deal to avoid jail time, and Frank was left holding the bag. Frank spent two years in prison for it when Greg rolled over on him, claiming it was his idea. With friends like this, who the hell needs enemies?

Part of Greg's deal was he had to give up his bookie, which caused him to leave town quickly. Maurice owed his brother a debt so profound that his drinking became excessive, as his violent nature too. He turned his anger onto his wife.

It would be the catalyst to send Gloria into my arms, along with the fact, Mason was visiting me. Yeah, Christine got a hold of big brother finally. It wouldn't end well and result in deception with both Gloria and me.

Get ready because this shit hits the in the next chapter setting things in motion.