A special romance

I went over to Nikita's apartment and picked her up. I planned something special for both of us. It took a lot of digging, but I managed to find game rooms. Culture activities are pleasant, but I prefer fun.

We went to a place that was a giant ball pit, except the balls, were all white. I haven't been in a ball pit since the eighties. I made sure Nikita wore comfortable clothes.

We arrived at the place, and I paid rubles for us, then we were shown to a room that had a massive ball pit. Kicking off our shoes, I helped her get in, then pushed her into the ball pit. I know it's not romantic.

"Carri!" Nikita yelled, trying to get up and falling.

I laughed. It pissed Nikita off. She managed to get her balance, then pulled me into the pit. After that, all bets are off. We chased each other, falling always. I tossed her with her landing into the white balls. Nikita jumped on my back, making us both fall into the pit. I didn't have this much fun in a long time, and we laughed a lot.

After an hour, we took a break, sitting in the ball pit as I tossed balls around it.

"I enjoy this," Nikita said.

"What? Getting tossed around in a massive pit with plastic balls?" I asked, tossing a ball.

"No, fun. I study for a doctor. The family disapproves of dating and goofy behavior. Is that correct? Goofy?" Nikita asked.

"If you mean fun, then yes, that's correct. My family hates when I pull pranks, but they miss the point," I said.

"What are pranks?" Nikita questioned. That surprised me.

"Pranks are jokes you play of people in fun. They're never harmful. When the prank is, then it's selfish behavior," I explained.

"Show me prank," Nikita ordered. A smile curled on my lips.

We finished our time at the ball pit and left. I showed Nikita some pranks on people, making her laugh and us getting chased by said people. We ended up hiding in a small area as people ran past us.

Once the coast was clear, we laughed. I took Nikita's hand, leading her to get something to eat. The thing about fun is it creates an appetite.

We found a place to have a treat. I ordered hot cocoa and donuts for us; then, we sat down at a booth.

"Is nice," Nikita said as she bit into a donut.

"What is?" I asked as I sipped my cocoa.

"Fun and pranks. I laugh," Nikita replied, smiling.

"I'm glad because life is as dull as it is. I prefer enjoyment over boring," I said as I bit into a donut.

"I enjoy you," Nikita mentioned, smiling. That made me smile. It's been a long time since I smiled. Never in a million years did I think I would meet someone who made me genuinely happy. I thought it was Gloria, but it wasn't.

******
The next day, I was sleeping peacefully, not realizing someone came into my hotel room. The next thing I knew, the person sprayed whipped cream all over my face. That startled me as I popped up to find Nikita holding a can of whipped cream and laughing.

"You're right, this fun," Nikita giggled.

I looked at her, surprised with whipped cream all over my face.

"Oh, you think so?" I asked.

"Yes," she laughed as she nodded.

I got up quickly and chased Nikita around the room. She climbed on the bed as I chased after her. Then Nikita turned and sprayed me with more whipped cream. I finally caught her, tossing her on the bed.