Houston, we have one hell of a problem

I found trying to see Gloria was impossible with the Frazier boys around, lurking. Then, I find out that dear old brother Mason made some damn ceasefire with the Santiago's, shooting my plan in the ass.

I had to wait to meet with Gloria when Maurice left town, and that wasn't frequently. It turns out Maurice saw the light and got sober in prison. Now, he's the doting husband. Note the sarcasm because he's as attentive as my dick is.

The good thing is, I took some courses over summer, which means I graduate earlier than expected, like around Christmas next year. Gloria and I could leave then and not look back. Now, I had to settle for senseless comedies, junk food, and my damn hand.

I made a run to the video store, picked up some comedies, then went to a corner store, picking up snacks. Chips, pop, candy, and anything else I could fill my arms. The clerk looked at me strangely as I looked at him unamused. There's no need for judgment.

The clerk rang me up. I paid for my junk food, then left the store. One day, you will understand my pain, buddy.

I returned and walked into the house. I set the bags down along with the movies. I started with Miss Congeniality. Who doesn't like a good Sandra Bullock movie?

I settle in with my snacks on the couch, cracking open a Coke. I watched the movie and laughed my ass off with the beauty pageant scene. Now, that's how all beauty pageants should be in real life. Did you ever watch one? They're boring as shit. Everyone wants to save the world and the children; then, after the pageant, both seem to fall by the wayside. Those sad children, they'll grow up in a forgotten world.

After the movie, I went upstairs to use the bathroom, not realizing Christine was here. I opened the door, and Christine's head snapped in my direction. She looks as if she was in shock. Then, I saw something in her hands.

I walked over to Christine and saw her holding a pregnancy test. The best part is that it was positive. Christine had the look of a deer caught in headlights.

"I'm guessing this is a pleasant surprise?" I asked as Christine's face contorted in horror. "Or not," I added.

Here's where Christine and I differed from each other. While she was willing to rat me out to Mason, I wasn't going to do that. She's a big girl and understands the consequences.

"I guess you'll call Mason and inform him that I'm pregnant," Christine said, looking at the test. "I mean, I deserve it for telling him about your dalliances. Mason will make me get rid of it because an unmarried pregnancy is a scandal." Christine sniffled.

I furrowed my brows.

"I mean, Troy doesn't want a baby since we didn't discuss a family or marriage. If Mason cuts me off, then I'll ask Kate for a job. I can finish school and raise a baby alone. Many single parents do it every day," Christine rambled as tears fell.

I stood there. Christine looked at me with tear-streaked cheeks. My sister looked terrified, so I did the one thing that I knew she needs. I hugged Christine, who buried her head into me, crying. She wrapped her arms around me as she sobbed. I offered comfort.

No matter our differences, Christine is still my sister.

"How do you know Troy doesn't want the baby? Did you talk to him?" I asked.

"We never discussed kids or marriage," Christine mumbled.

I pulled back and looked at Christine.

"Now, you should and decide together. I know if it were Gloria, I would want to know," I mentioned, not realizing what I said until the words left my mouth.

Christine looked at me, shocked as I silently cursed to myself. I let go of her as she looked at me incredulously. Yeah, that wasn't good whatsoever.

I pursued my lips, avoiding eye contact.

"Do you love Gloria?" Christine asked, taking me by surprise. I nodded. Christine gave me a compassionate look.

"It's not something I planned on happening, but it did. Most people would consider it a fling, but I don't," I admitted.

"It's because it involves the heart. Carri, carrying on a relationship with a married woman, doesn't end well. A married person rarely leaves their spouse, and you get your heart broke," Christine reasoned.

"It's the chance I'm willing to take because I love her," I confessed.

I know people don't understand, but when you fall in love with someone, you can't help it. The issue with that scenario is that when you should listen to people, your heart doesn't. It would be a hard truth I would learn for myself.

Later on, Christine called Troy over to tell him the news while Elliot and I spied on both. Yeah, we have no shame.

"This is utterly ridiculous," Elliot whispered.

"Shh, I can't hear," I shushed him as peered through an opening through the kitchen door. I told you that we had no shame.

Troy quietly sat there as Christine told him about the pregnancy.

"Now, if you don't want to be a part of the baby's life, I understand. I can raise the baby alone. I'll get a job, find a daycare, and finish school. I won't ask for any financial help, and you won't have to see us. I'll tell Mason, and I know he'll cut me off financially," Christine rambled.

I shook my head. Leave it to our sister to ramble on about things, although Troy didn't help, sitting there, saying anything. Say something, you idiot. Our sister is dying right now.

"So, that's it. You're off the hook," Christine said as I facepalmed myself.

"Are you finish?" Troy asked as Christine looked at him. He stood up. "I resent the fact that you let me off the hook when it's my baby too."

Wait. What? That's a new development.

"What?" Christine asked.

Troy looked at Christine. "It's my baby too. We'll raise it together, married," Troy told her.

"But we didn't discuss marriage or kids," Christine said.

"What's to discuss? I planned to marry you when we graduate and have kids." Troy shrugged. "It will happen sooner than expected. If Mason disowns you, then so be it. I'll support us."

Well, Troy has balls. He didn't even argue or throw a hissy fit. I like him more every day.

"Tell the two eavesdroppers in the kitchen that we're going to city hall, getting married," Troy mentioned as Elliot and I fell through the kitchen door, landing on the floor. We looked up to see Christine and Troy looking at us.

"What are you doing?" Christine asked us.

"Trying to be stealth-like ninjas, but we suck at it," I remarked.

Elliot stood up, leaving me on the floor.

"This idiot on the floor wanted to eavesdrop. He dragged me along for the ride," Elliot ratted me out to Christine and Troy.

I stood up. "No one said you had to agree. That's your choice," I replied as Elliot glared at me. Nice try, little brother, but if I'm going down, so are you.

******
The next day, we went to the city hall, and Christine and Troy got married. The ceremony was short and sweet because of Troy barely anything. Out of my sister's boyfriends, both said a few words. How did they manage with a relationship for years? You do talk to your significant other, except Grant and Troy. They're monks.

Elliot and I were witnesses to the union, signing the marriage license. After the quickie wedding, Christine called Mason. His response was less than favorable. I heard Mason yell the word fuck more times than I can count, and he wasn't on speakerphone.

After Mason's tirade, he didn't disown Christine. That's a plus. Now, Christine is moving out and moving in with Troy, leaving me alone with Elliot. That's not a plus.

How did I get stuck with psycho brother? Pure dumb luck, I guess. Now, I had to contend with Elliot while waiting to see Gloria. The Frazier boys had to leave town soon before I lose my shit.