This should be fun

The fall came with the arrival of Christine and Elliot. It also ended my time at the house with Gloria. I enjoyed having Gloria with me. It was lovely.

It also came with the Frazier boys released from prison. Their slime of an attorney managed to get the Frazier boys out on a technicality. That's my luck. Brian is out with helping me. He had more significant issues to deal with in his family business.

I made calls to the Mendoza, Garza, and Santiago families and put a bug in their ear about shipments with the Frazier family. I figure that would keep the Frazier boys busy, but that call came after finding out the Frazier boys release.

*******
Gloria

I got ready for work and thought about Carri. This summer was amazing. It felt nice not to worry about Maurice or his brothers. Then, I heard the front door.

I walked out of the bedroom and to the top of the stairs, coming face to face with Maurice.

"Hey, Gloria," Maurice said with a smile. I looked at him, surprised as words eluded me.

I gulped, then said, "I didn't know you got out."

"Yeah, our suit found a technicality, and the judge released us," Maurice said.

"Oh," I said, not knowing what to say.

"I had time to think. It happens when you're in the clink and drying out. I know I was terrible to you, but I want to make it up to you, if you let me," Maurice said, hopeful.

I didn't trust Maurice after what he put me through before he went to jail. He moved closer, and I moved back, then he stopped.

"Gloria, I'm not going to hurt you," Maurice said.

I looked at him with disbelief.

"That was the issue. Drinking caused me to be a terrible person. I'm sober," Maurice told me.

I wish I could believe him, but I can't. That's how it started.

"I'm going to meetings, and my brothers warned me that if I touch another drop, they'll kill me," Maurice added.

"I wish I could believe you, but I can't. Excuse me," I said as I walked past Maurice. He stood there, crestfallen, but I didn't care. I endured abuse from Maurice. He can claim he's sober, but it's a matter of time before he falls off the wagon.

It didn't matter. When Carri graduates, I was leaving with him. The problem was something that would change my decision. I didn't know it yet.

*******
Christine and Elliot got settled in, and Christine went to see Troy, leaving me with Elliot. Let me rephrase that I was ordered to watch Elliot. It seems he enjoys creating issues.

I walked out back to find Elliot to show him the campus when a life flew by my head, landing into the back of the house. I looked at Elliot, annoyed as he walked over, yanking the knife out of the house.

"Do you mind? You distracted me from my target," Elliot informed me as I turned to see a picture of Christine on the house behind me. I took the film down.

"Throwing a knife at a picture of our sister isn't a target," I told Elliot while rolling my eyes.

Elliot shrugged.

"Be nice, Christine helped change your diapers," I said.

"That doesn't matter. Everyone changed my diapers," Elliot retorted.

"Christine also best your ass several times," I reminded him.

"Semantics, Carri," Elliot replied. I sighed. Christine terrifies Elliot; he refuses to admit it.

I watched our sister take Elliot in hand many times, and it wasn't pretty, even when he got older. She wasn't scared of him, even if he could chuck a knife up a hill at fifty feet into a tree. Yeah, my siblings are crazy.

"Let's go," I ordered Elliot.

"Where?" He asked.

"I'm showing you the campus today," I mentioned as I turned to walk away.

"And to check on that woman, you see," Elliot mentioned. I stopped and looked at him.

"I'm not seeing anyone," I replied.

Elliot walked up to me. "Well, you're a cheat and a liar. Mason will be proud," Elliot said as he walked past me. I'm sure if Christine doesn't beat Elliot into oblivion, I will.

We left the house and went to the campus. I showed Elliot everything and was going to take him to Kate's bakery when we came face to face with Marco.

"Look, who it is," Marco said to his cronies. Those three snickered.

"Who let the dog out of his cage?" Elliot asked. Macro and his cronies stopped laughing. Elliot didn't smile.

"Be careful, boy," Marco warned as a pocket knife landed in the tip of his shoe.

I did a double-take. Elliot stood there, unamused. Marco reaches down, yanking the knife out of his shoe, and screamed as blood pooled. Elliot took the knife from Marco and wiped it on Marco before replacing it into his pocket.

"You aren't the most intelligent one in the bunch, are you?" Elliot asked as Marco hopped around, holding his leg.

"I'll kill you," Marco spoke through gritted teeth.

"Challenge accepted," Elliot said, walking away. I sighed as I followed Elliot, leaving Marco to cry like a little bitch.

I caught up with Elliot.

"Was that necessary?" I asked.

"Yes," he answered.

"Why?" I inquired.

"Because while you worry about sticking your dick into someone you shouldn't, that family is planning," Elliot told me.

"The Frazier's are idiots," I reasoned.

"Never underestimate an opponent, brother. It will cost you," Elliot replied as we walked to Kate's bakery.

Elliot might be the youngest of us, but he read people better than anyone. He didn't bother with romantic entanglements because he didn't have the patience for them. If he met a woman, it would be a miracle.

We walked into the bakery, and Kate noticed us. She walked over, hugging us both. Then, Kate looked at Elliot.

"I see you're starting trouble," Kate mentioned.

"That's doubtful," Elliot replied as Kate pointed at the door. We turned to see Maximilian and Mickey walk into the bakery.

"It seems big brother called crazy one and two," I remarked.

Maximillian and Mickey walked over to us.

"Maxie and Mickey Mouse, It's been a while. I see Marty let you out to play," I remarked.

"We got a message for you," Max said.

"Dare we ask what that message is?" Elliot asked as Kate shushed him.

"Watch your back," Mickey answered as they turned and left.

That's nothing cryptic about that message whatsoever.

Kate stood there, rubbing her chin. She did this when she was thinking about something. Elliot was stoic, not reacting. He never responds to things, which makes him dangerous.

"Those boys are planning something. I'm calling Mason," Kate told us as she went into the back.

"I don't think we have to worry," I mentioned as Elliot looked at me.

"What did you do?" Elliot inquired.

"Nothing yet," I answered as Elliot gave me a look. I walked away to make a phone call.

If the Frazier boys are out, they need keeping busy, especially Maurice. I made an anonymous phone call to the Santiago's, Mendoza's, and Garza's families regarding Frazier's and shipments. That would keep the Frazier boys busy, but other deals made that I would find out later.

Why can't I have a typical family?