Ruthless

It didn't take long for Maurice's brothers to find out about Maurice's side deal with Charles. How did they find out? It seems Charles kept his word and visited Mason, explaining about the meeting, leaving out the deal with Greg Hartley.

Hearing this information didn't make Mason happy.

"Sonofabitch!" Mason yelled after Charles told him everything. Mason cussed a lot more, and the word fuck tossed around several times. Yeah, Mason's pissed off.

Charles let our brother rant and rave like the lunatic he is, sitting in a chair for Mason to finish. Mason finally finished his ranting and sat down in his desk chair.

"Mason, I came to you because I don't trust Maurice. If he is willing to cross double his brothers, who're to say he won't double-cross me," Charles reason.

Oh, I know Maurice will double-cross you, setting up a war. I quit doing business with Marty and his family because of their bullshit. I have an agreement with the Morgan's and Santiago's, but I don't trust the Santiago's," Mason said.

"It doesn't help Frank allied himself with Maurice's family," Charles mentioned.

"Does this surprise you? The Shaw brothers are worse. I heard the rumors about them and it sickens me," Mason spat. "Frank is the least of our concerns at the moment. I will deal with the Frazier family first."

Over the years, Mason became powerful, aligning himself with the Morgan family. Our name became synonymous in the underground world, making people terrified of us. Mason spent years building an empire that made us ruthless and powerful. Did I mention we took matters in our hands with people? I must have left that piece of information out.

While Mason figures out what his next move was, Joseph and I were taking care of a business deal that went wrong.

"I promise I'll get you the money!" A guy begged on his knees as Joseph and I stood there, looking at him.

"Why does Mason send us on these business trips where people can plead with us?" I asked Joseph.

"Mason's tired of whiny people," Joseph reasoned.

"That sounds reasonable," I replied, shrugging. I lifted my gun, shot the guy twice, killing him. The guy fell to the floor, dead.

"That was quick," Joseph remarked.

"The guy bored me with his whining. Oh, please, I promise, blah, blah, blah," I said, making a raspberry.

Joseph chuckled as we left. The cleaners will arrive to clean up the mess. Mason hired men to dispose of bodies and clean up, leaving no traces behind, including the person's identity. It's if the person never existed.

Joseph and I are tasked with dealing with people domestically whereas Elliot traveled abroad. Mason's reasoning was Elliot isn't married or has kids. Joseph and I are married. My sisters stayed out of the family business, helping when we need it.

We went to grab a bite since Nikita is stuck working late tonight at the hospital. Before we went to eat, I brought Nikita dinner. I walked into the hospital and found her at the nurse's station. I strolled over to her.

Nikita turned to me and smiled. I kissed her, then held up the bag. "I figure you'd be hungry," I said as Nikita took the bag.

"I'm starved. The hospital was so busy, I didn't get a chance to eat," Nikita mentioned.

Joesph and I finished working and going to grab a bite to eat. I wanted to bring you dinner first," I reasoned.