An unholy alliance

While I enjoyed wedded bliss with Nikita, the Frazier boys are up to their old tricks, forming an alliance with none other than Frank Shaw. Frank had a grudge against my family. Taking the fall for a bad deal and landing in the slammer will do that.

The Frazier boys had an ax to grind themselves with my family because we caused them sent up the river. You add the fact, Marco and I hated each other, and it gives them a motive.

Maurice met with his brothers.

"I'm surprised Gloria let you off your leash," Marty commented. Yeah, Marty isn't happy with Maurice at the moment.

"Gloria doesn't control me," Maurice huffed.

"Are you sure about that?" Marco asked, raising an eyebrow. That irritated Maurice.

"If Gloria didn't protect that brat of ours, I can make him a man," Maurice told his brothers.

"It shouldn't matter. Frazier's don't let people walk on them," Maximilian informed Maurice, causing the brothers to argue, except Mateo.

"Considering it's a bastard child, the situation needs handling," Mateo mentioned, making his brothers stop.

"What are you talking about Mateo?" Maurice asked with annoyance.

"I'm talking about the fact that kid doesn't have either of your eye colors," Mateo answered as Maurice furrowed his brows. Mateo stepped towards his brother. "I warned Gloria and now you'll handle it or I will."

Maurice knew what Mateo meant with handling it and understood Mateo didn't give idle threats.

"We'll deal with this bullshit later. We got other business to attend," Marty told his brothers as someone walked up to them.

"Frank?" Maurice looked at Frank Shaw, confused.

"Thanks for leaving me to hold the bag, you asshole. I spent two damn years in the clink," Frank growled.

"Hey, I got jail time myself," Maurice snapped.

"That you got out of because of your brothers," Frank reminded Maurice.

"Enough!" Marty barked. Everyone looked at Marty. "Mason Jones and his family formed an alliance with the Morgan family and the Santiago family."

The news shocked everyone except Mateo. He knew this would happen and warned his brother against doing business with Mason.

"Now, the Jones family owes us and we're going to collect. Frank gets a cut from our share as we take down that damn family," Marty informed his brothers.

"How are we supposed to do that? It's not like we got access to that family," Mickey asked.

Ah, yes, that's an interesting point. How does one get to a well-protected family? It's not like they can walk through our front door. Did you see the compound Mason stays at with the many men guarding him and us?

"Because we have something they want," Mateo mentioned as everyone looked him. "It seems our brother here," he said, pointing to Maurice, "has their blood. We have another snitch that needs dealing with the last name Hartley."

"It'll never happen. I haven't spoken my Charles in years," Maurice told Mateo.

Mateo walked towards Maurice until they were face-to-face. "It will happen and you will make it happen."

Maurice looked at his brother.

"You're going to make a deal with Charles in exchange for that brat. Frank will put his kid in place to make sure we know everything that's going on with the situation. Greg will follow because I know a bookie who's dying to pay him a visit. We can't let this situation slide any longer," Mateo informed Maurice.