Dirty little secret

Brian kept his end of the deal and made sure Maurice and his brothers stayed busy. He orchestrated deals with several families in Florida, New York, Michigan, Mexico, and any other territories his family-controlled.

The problem with this scenario is that it brought my family to the forefront with Mason, who transferred an obscene amount of money. It made us targets because of my dirty little secret.

When you're moving a vast amount of cash, it's going to keep the feds busy, which it did with the families. Some families fled, leaving the country, while others hid. The Frazier's went to jail for their part while Mason and the Morgan family eluded jail time. It helps to have someone in your pocket.

That gave Gloria the freedom to be with me without scrutiny from Maurice and his family. If you knew anything about Maurice, his drinking is excessive. Landing in jail doesn't help, because you have no choice but to dry out. It's not rehabbing where they helped you. Prison is worse because you suffer through the process, which he did.

"Someone help me!" Maurice screamed, his body reacting to the lack of alcohol in his system. "Please!" He begged, gripping the bars of his cell.

A guard walked over, hearing the cries, radiating from the cell. Maurice looked at the guard.

"Please give me a drink," Maurice begged the guard.

"No alcohol inmate. You know the rules," the guard told Maurice.

"I need one little drink," Maurice begged.

"I said no. Now, shut the hell up before I throw you into solitary confinement," the guard barked.

Maurice whimpered. For a family who's supposed to be feared, he was making his family look like a joke. Jail has a way of making or breaking you. It was breaking Maurice.

While Maurice deals with his withdrawals, two of his brothers talked, namely Marty and Mateo. The other three located in a different section of the prison due to their age and degree of the offense. Marty and Mateo sat at a table in an open area.

"Our suit is working on getting us an early release," Marty told Mateo. Mateo looked at his brother, unamused. That was the thing about Mateo; you could never know about him. He's the person that, if you annoyed, would slit your throat in a heartbeat. The one thing that kept him from losing his shit was kids. That's irony if I ever saw it.

"I'll believe it when I see it," Mateo told Marty. It wasn't that Mateo is a pessimist, but he knew the game. That's what made him calculating and dangerous.

"How's Maurice?" Marty asked.

"A little bitch," Mateo grumbled. "Damn drunk, can't go a day without the sauce."

"Maurice will dry out and back to his old self," Marty reasoned.

"That's doubtful," Mateo replied, not caring if he pissed off his brother.

As Marty and Mateo sat there, the village idiots made their way to the table.

"Who let you out of your cages?" Mateo asked their brothers, who looked less than thrilled.

Maximilian sat down as Marco and Mickey joined him.

"Look, I need to get out of here. My old lady is pissy as it is about me doing business. Plus, it doesn't help. She's ready to pop out my kid," Maximillian told his brothers.

"I told you to take your old lady in hand. That's the problem with you idiots. You let your women shackle your dick," Mateo told his brothers who glared at him. He shrugged. He didn't care.

"Enough, Mateo," Marty ordered his brother.

Yeah, Mateo was a real prick. How he ever got a woman is beyond me?

"When we getting sprung?" Mickey asked.

"Soon, and I have a bone to pick with a certain family," Marty told his brothers.

"What about Maurice?" Marco asked.

"Maurice should be dried out. Those excuses that he called friends got him messed up, and I'm not happy," Marty said.

"You're never happy. That isn't news," Mateo retorted. That earned a glare from Marty.

"I heard Shaw is doing time," Mickey mentioned.

"Who cares? I want out of this joint, and I want that family to pay for us in here," Mateo told his brothers.

That was the thing about Mateo, while his brothers were clueless, he wasn't. He knew who was behind it all, and that's my family. The rift between our families is growing. The Frazier family start planning how they would make us suffer, and it would involve kids.

I told you they were terrible people. Does this surprise you?

********
While the Frazier boys were plotting against us, another was seeking revenge in the form of Frank Shaw.

He sat at a table as a man close to his age walked over and sat down across from Frank.

"Hey, Frankie," the guy greeted him.

"Henry," Frank replied.

Henry leaned in and whispered, "You got yourself into a mess. I told you that Charles would screw you along with Maurice and Greg."

"Thanks for the reminder, brother," Frank huffed.

"Chill, Frankie boy, I got plans," Henry smiled.

"Is my old lady behaving?" Frank asked.

"Yep, got tabs on your wife. She knows not to screw you over. Plus, she's madly in love with you," Henry said, rolling his eyes.

"Get the girls young, and they can't do enough for you. I figure when the time's right, I'll trade her in for a newer model," Frank smirked along with his brother. I told you they were sick bastards. They enjoyed young girls.

The Feds tried to nail Frank on sleeping with underage girls, but his wife refused to turn on Frank. Young and dumb is my assumption.

"I'm getting out of this joint and leaving town. I got plans for the others, especially Charles. He wants to fuck me over, then he'll suffer," Frank told Henry.

"What do you got planned?" Henry asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Payment for what Charles took from me. He convinced us to invest in this deal and left us holding the bag. Greg ran off like the weasel he is, turning me over to the cops. Maurice turned his back on me. Now, it's my turn to make them all fucking pay," Frank said, slamming his fists on top of the table.

Henry looked at his brother, and a smile curled on his lips. The thing the Shaw brothers liked more than young girls is money. Frank was hell-bent on revenge with everyone involved in that deal Charles orchestrated. He didn't plan on one person throwing a monkey wrench into his plans.

The Frazier's, Shaw's, Hartley's, and Jones family are forgetting is that certain people would form a formidable friendship when they meet. It's a friendship that differed from Charles's friendship, proving loyalty is everything.

I played an intricate part in that friendship unbeknownst to myself or anyone else. What was coming would piss off Mason entirely? When don't I piss off Mason?