~ Chapter 9: Old Friend, New Friend ~

~ Ebony POV ~

"My man Huey!"

Huey smirked as he dapped up the boy who entered through the backyard window.

He wore a plain blue shirt, and baggy jeans. He was darker than Huey and Riley's complexion, having dreadlocks like I do.

It was also the first time that I saw Huey show anything close to a smile.

"It's been a long while." Huey said as they released.

"Yeah, too long."

"What up." Riley smirked as he proceeded to dap him up too. "Why yo' ass gotta be like a crazy nigga and come through da back?"

The boy chuckled. "My bad."

He then made eye contact with me as I proceeded to look down and play with my fingers.

"Ebony." I heard Huey say as I looked to him. "This is Michael Caesar." He told me as I looked at their friend again.

"C'mon man, you know I don't mess with that name. Just call me Caesar." He smiled at me as he took my hand and kissed it.

I giggled. "Ebony, was it?" Caesar asked as Riley gagged. "Gaaaaay."

"He's messing around with you." Huey said to me as I chuckled. "It's alright, he's a gentleman."

"I sure am. But you wouldn't know much about that, ain't that right Riley?" Caesar teased as Riley rolled his eyes.

"Shut up, nigga."

I smiled.

He's funny.

"So, y'all cousins or something?" Caesar asked as I looked to Huey.

"Our families are fond of each other and hers are out of town. She's staying until they return."

I hate the lying, but other than the Freeman family, I'm not ready to tell anybody else about my parents.

I'm glad Huey understands that.

"Aight. Where's pops?" Caesar asked looking around.

"Granddad's prolly at some b*tch's house." Riley snickered as he sat on the couch, picking up the Xbox controller.

"Nasty." Caesar chuckled as Huey shook his head. "Let's catch up." He told him, starting to walk in the direction of the stairs.

"Aight." Caesar said as he then turned to me. "I'll catch you later, Ebony." He smiled.

"See you later." I smiled as he followed Huey.

~ Huey POV ~

"Dang, it's like yo' room is a library." Caesar chuckled as he stood in front of my book shelf.

I sat in my wheeled chair in front of my desk.

"Why don't you try reading one, Michael?" I asked. "There you go with that Michael again." He said as he sat on my bed in front of me.

"Go on. Say it." Caesar then said smiling at me as I quirked my eyebrow.

"You missed me."