~ Chapter 3: Not Welcome ~

~ Ebony ~

I wake up in the same bedroom I've been waking up in for 2 days now.

Other than Riley, I get treated well here and my new friend Jazmine has lent me a bunch of her clothes.

I look at the clock and realize it's 6:00 am so it's pretty early.

But Huey and Riley have school.

Maybe I could make them all breakfast as repayment for letting me stay here.

And just maybe I could win Riley's trust.

I smile as I get out of my bed, out the door, and down the stairs.

I walk into the kitchen and start getting all the ingredients together.

I figure before they wake up I can make pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, and beans.

Let's get started.

~ Huey ~

I wake up in the room Riley and I still share up till now, to a really nice scent.

A couple seconds later Riley sits up in his bed as well sniffing.

"Aye, you smell dat?"

"Yeah. Smells like.."

"Breakfast." We both say simultaneously but confused at the same time.

Is Granddad making breakfast?

Granddad never makes breakfast anymore, especially since we won the lottery.

"That smells hella good! And I'm hungry!" Riley says jumping out of bed and racing out the door.

I follow behind him yawning.

*

When we reach the kitchen, we don't see Granddad.

We see Ebony standing by the table smiling her pyjamas, all messed up with flour, with a homemade breakfast meal on the table.

"Woah." I said aloud.

"Yeah yeah!" Riley cheered pushing Ebony out the way. "Move! Don't try to eat all da food Granddad made! Fat ass.."

I shook my head as Ebony brushed herself off.

"I made it, Riley." She then confessed.

"Ew.." he said stepping back from the table. "How I know you ain't tryna poison me?"

"Shut up, Riley." I told him.

"What?!"

"Look." Ebony then said putting a pancake on a plate, cutting it with a knife and eating some. "See?"

"Whateva." Riley kissed his teeth. "Imma eat it, don't mean I like you tho'." He spat as Ebony sighed.

I don't get why Riley hates Ebony so much. She's a nice girl.

The only thing I find off about her is that she won't tell us what happened with her parents.

Footsteps were then heard as Granddad soon reached the kitchen.

"What in the hell is that glorious smell?" He said sniffing as Ebony smiled at him.

"I made breakfast, Mr. Freeman."

Granddad's eyes then widened at all the food.

"Goodness gracious me! There's never been this much food since I smoked weed!"

He then turned to Ebony. "Thanks, lil baby. You gonna join us?"

"I've already had some, so I'll just head to my room.." she then said a bit of sadness in her voice.