~ Chapter 14: This Is It ~

~ Huey ~

I had a feeling this was going to happen.

I had a feeling.

I knew we weren't as thorough as we thought.

Now Darrell has Ebony.

I kept pacing back and forth in the hallway of my home.

Granddad was already speaking with the police at the door as Riley sat on the steps with his head in his hands.

"So explain this to me one more time, sir." The policeman said as he wrote notes down on a notepad.

"How many times I gotta tell you, damnit!?" Granddad groaned. "The nigga came in my house and kidnapped lil baby! He knew she was here, he took down the posters!"

"So a man came into your house and kidnapped your granddaughter?"

"Yes! I mean... No!"

"No a man didn't come in?" "No, yes he did! Her father!"

The policeman gave a confused look. "So the father kidnapped your granddaughter?" "Yes! I mean no! Look, she's not my granddaughter but she was stayin' with us because her daddy is abusive."

"Look sir." The policeman closed his notepad. "It looks to me like the father came for his daughter who was not supposed to be staying with you in the first place."

"No you listen, damnit!" Granddad frowned. "She may not be mine by blood, but that's my grand-baby! And your stupid asses are keeping her in danger the longer you stay here and do sh*t!"

I sighed as I walked over to my Granddad, putting my hand on his back.

"We need to find her, officer. As soon as possible. She's in danger with her father. Please, trust us." I told him seriously.

The officer thought for a moment, before sighing. "Alright. We will keep a look out for her."

Granddad sighed in relief as did I. "Thank you." He said graciously as the officer nodded before leaving.

"So what now?" Riley asked sadly as he lifted up his head. "What if that punk ass does somethin' to Ebbzy?"

Granddad is right. The longer we wait, the more danger Ebony could be in.

"Granddad, you should drive around the city and see if you can find Ebony. I'll go on foot incase she's still nearby." I suggested.

"Sounds good, boy." Granddad nodded as he grabbed his keys.

"Wait, what about me? A nigga wants to help Ebbzy too!" Riley protested as I turned to him.

"Riley, it's crucial you stay here. Just in case she comes back or the police comes return with a report." I told him.

I could tell he was upset and wanted to come along, but also that he knew time was of the essence.

"Aight, I'll stay."

"C'mon Granddad." I told my grandfather as we both left the house.

He began to drive off in his car, as I ran down the sidewalk.

I made sure I was keeping my eyes peeled for anyone who looked like Ebony.

In a rush, I felt myself bump into someone.

It was Jazmine.

"Slow down there, Mr. Speedy Pants." She giggled.

"I can't talk right now, Jazmine." I tried to walk past her but she stopped me. "But wait, I was on my way to your house. Are you going to the hill-"