~ Chapter 21: Another Freeman ~

~ Jacob ~

"Damn baby, you lookin' fine." I smirked, wrapping my arm around Ebony as we walked down the school hallway.

"Awe, babe..." She smiled at me.

The past couple days at school been pretty damn great If I'm being honest.

Yeah it sucks ass that I don't got any classes with my girl, but I get to see her free period and at lunch so it's aight.

I saw Ebony looking down for a while. "Aye." I lifted her chin. "You look sad, baby. What's up?"

She sighed. "It's Huey and Jazmine. They're still avoiding each other, and won't even come to the cafeteria to sit with the rest of us."

"I know, but don't sweat it baby. Them niggas will be aight." I told her.

"And now, Riley and Cindy have some fight going on? What's up with that?" Ebony asked me as I scoffed. "Them niggas probably jus' got inna fight 'bout who's da realest nigga. It ain't nothing to sweat baby."

"Well, I hope so. I want us to all start hanging out again."

"Speakin' of hangin' out." I smirked at her. "I gots some plans for us after school tonight."

"Oh really?" Ebony smiled.

"Yup."

I gots a whole evening planned for me and my babygirl, and hopefully everything is gonna end well.

Real well.

"Oh, well we should make sure we stop by the station early then." Ebony said as I looked at her weirdly. "Station? Whatchu talkin' about girl?"

She gave me a look.

"Jake. You know this. Every Thursday, remember? I check for my mom." She reminded me.

"Oh yeah..." I nodded. "Well I was thinkin' we can skip that today so we can get goin' on my plans."

"Huh? I can't skip it, Jacob." Ebony shook her head. "I go every Thursday."

"C'mon baby, it's not like it's gon' be any different from last week." I shrugged with a chuckle.

I then noticed Ebony stopped walking.

I paused, looking at her.

"Why... Why would you say that?" Ebony said, a shocked and sad look on her face.

She look like she's gonna cry.

"No no no, baby I'm sorry." I took her hands. "I didn't mean it like that, baby. I'm sorry, aight?" I said but Ebony looked down.

"I ain't meant it, I swear." I lifted her chin up. "We gon' stop by the station right after school, aight?"

"Alright..." She nodded slowly.

"You forgive me?"

"I do." Ebony slightly smiled. "C'mon, let's go to lunch."

"Aight." I wrapped my arm back around her, walking towards the cafeteria.

~ Riley ~

I grumbled as I sat in the cafeteria, playing with my food.

Man, I'm pissed.

Cindy still ain't talking to me. It's been f*cking days.

I swear, I ain't think I was cheating on her. We got together right before her ass left for camp and told me to keep it on the down low.