~ Chapter 50: A Cliche ~

~ Jazmine ~

"Finally!" I exclaimed, pulling Cindy through my front door.

"Girl, what in da hell is you texting me 911 fo' at 9 o'clock on Saturday?" Cindy groaned as I closed the door behind her. "I could still be sleep right now."

"This is important, Cin." I pulled her towards the couch.

"Would you stop all dat pullin'! Damn! You gon' take my arm off." She sucked her teeth, sitting next to me. "Ain't Ebbzy supposed to be here?"

"She said she's not feeling well, so we'll have to fill her in later."

Cindy then crossed her arms impatiently. "Jazzy, what is dis about?"

"Okay." I took a deep breath as she waited in anticipation.

"Homecoming." I said as Cindy raised her eyebrow, still confused.

"Homecoming! It's next week! We gotta figure out our dresses!"

Cindy looked at me in disbelief.

"Girl, you cannot be serious."

"Of course I'm serious!"

She then punched me in the arm as I yelped.

"Ow! What was that for!?" I frowned.

"Jazzy, what makes you think I even goin' to dat stupid dance?" I rolled my eyes.

"Come on, Cin, you have to! And you have to go with Riley!" She beamed.

"Ion know, Jazzy. You know I ain't dat wear a dress and tiara type." She shrugged. "And Reezy definitely ain't a wear a tux type."

"But you guys have to go together! And Huey and me will go together." I smiled.

Cindy crossed her arms with a smirk. "And what makes you think McHater outta all people is gonna go to dis dance?"

"I have my ways of convincing him." I said with a confident smile as Cindy rolled her eyes playfully.

It may sound childish, but I'm really excited for this dance.

For the first time in a while, everything in my life isn't falling apart, and I'm really happy.

Although my parents are still getting separated, they're on good terms now and I see my mom all the time.

Not to mention I'm finally with Huey, the guy of my dreams.

I want to commemorate this feeling with this dance with all my friends having the time of our lives.

I started to smile brightly as Cindy looked at me weirdly.

"Wut?"

"Who would've thought after all these years, we'd have them both." I said as I saw Cindy start to smile.

"...Yeah." She admitted as we both giggled.

It'll take convincing, but Huey's going to this dance with me.

I'll make sure of it.

~ Ebony ~

I sighed as I walked down the stairs in my robe, towards the kitchen.

I passed Huey, reading a book in the living room.

"It's 1 in the afternoon." He said plainly, flipping a page in his book. "I know." I mumbled, opening the fridge.

Since my trip to see Trisha's mom, I've been in a funk.

Since seeing Kerissa, my mind has been filled with so many more questions about my mother.