~ Chapter 6: First Day Blues ~

~ Huey ~

It's been a week, and today is gonna be Ebony's first day attending Riley and I's school.

Wuncler Public School. It's no surprise since Ed Wuncler practically owns everything in Woodcrest.

Granddad was sitting in his recliner as the three of us were getting ready to leave.

We've already eaten the breakfast Ebony prepared are about to leave the house.

"We're leaving, Granddad." I told him walking towards the door.

"Bye boys! Have a good first day now, lil baby!"

"Thanks Mr. Freeman." Ebony smiled. "Bye!"

"Later Granddad!" Riley then called as we exited the house.

We then started to walk to the school bus stop together.

"I'm so excited." Ebony then said happily. "I haven't been to school in almost two years."

"I wish that happened to me." Riley then said.

"What's your school like anyways?" She then asked as I shrugged.

"It's alright."

"Sh*tty."

I then shook my head at Riley as Ebony chuckled. We reached the bus stop as soon as the bus came.

The door opened revealing Uncle Ruckus.

"Hello darkies!" He then said as I scowled.

Ebony then whispered. "Who's that?"

"Uncle Ruckus." I whispered back.

"Would y'all niggas hurry up and get y'all monkey lookin' asses on da bus!"

"That's your uncle?" She then asked in shock.

"No. His actual name is Uncle Ruckus."

"Weird."

Ruckus then looked at Ebony. "Seems we got a new nigga in the bus! Hello there ya coon! I'm Uncle Ruckus. No relation. I am yo' bus driver and I order you to sit at da back at da bus where y'all niggas belong."

I glared as Ebony frowned. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me, nigga! And if you refuse I will personally call da white policeman to take ya monkey ass out!"

"Nigga, shut up." Riley then proceeded to walk in the bus followed by us.

"I ain't playin niggas! Sit at the back!"

"Eat my sh*t!"

~ Ebony ~

I walked in the school hallways beside Huey and Jazmine on the way to class.

I'm happy I have class with both of them..

"And that's the office!" Jazmine then pointed as we walked. "And there's the cafeteria! Oh, and those are the washrooms!"

"Jazmine." Huey said in annoyance.

"What Huey?" Jazmine put her hands on her hips. "I'm just trying to give Ebony a little tour."

I giggled. "Thanks, Jazmine. But I'm sure I'll get to see everything."

I then turned to Huey. "What's up with that Uncle Ruckus guy? He's really strange. And he doesn't seem to like-"

"Black people." Huey then answered.

"But he's black.." I said with a confused look on my face.

"He claims he has revitiligo. The opposite of what Michael Jackson had."