~ Chapter 13: Goodbye? ~

~ Caesar ~

"I guess this is goodbye, Michael." Huey said as he dapped me up in his doorway.

I chuckled. "C'mon man. You know it's only goodbye for a lil' while."

I was leaving later today, so it was time to tell my nigga goodbye.

Except today's special, because while Huey, Mr. Freeman, and Riley are out, I get to spend time with Ebony before I go.

"I'll call you." I told Huey with a smile.

"I look forward to it." Huey nodded as he turned towards the stairs to see Mr. Freeman coming down with Riley.

"Alright, c'mon boys." "Man, I can't believe we doin' this again." Riley whined.

"Where are you guys going again?" I asked. "We have to take down more posters of Ebony at the grocery store." Huey said.

"That son of a b*tch Darrell put up some new ones after we saw him in the store the other day." Mr. Freeman shook his head.

"So boy, make sure lil baby don't leave the house." Mr. Freeman told me.

"Of course, Mr. Freeman. I gotchu." I nodded. "Good. Alright, c'mon boys! Bye Ranch!" He waved as I chuckled.

"This seems like a two nigga job." Riley sucked his teeth. "So how 'bout I stay home and- OW!" He held his head in pain after a slap by Mr. Freeman.

"Boy, get in the car!"

The Freemans then left the house as I closed the door behind them.

"You know I could easily get past you." I then heard a familiar voice as I turned around.

I saw Ebony coming down the stairs with a smirk on her face.

I smirked as well. "Oh yeah, I'd love to see you try." I challenged her.

"Fine." She said before attempting to run past me. However, I easily caught her in my arms, tickling her.

"AHAHAHAHA!" Ebony laughed aloud. "Okay! Okay! I surrender!" She giggled as I let her go.

"Guess you was wrong." I chuckled before she playfully rolled her eyes.

I then saw her face change to a sad one as I became concerned. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I just can't believe this is our last day together." Ebony then said sadly.

"Hey, don't be sad. We're gonna have fun." I smiled.

Ebony began to smile again.

I love when she's happy.

"Let's make it count, okay Ebbz?" I asked as she turned to me, slightly confused.

"Ebbz?" She giggled. "Is that my nickname now?"

"I guess it is." I chuckled. "Ooh! Okay, so I have to give you one now." Ebony beamed as I laughed.

"Okay, hit me."

"If I'm Ebbz, then you're... Caez." Ebony smiled. I began to smile too. "I like the sound of that."

I saw Ebony's cheeks turn a little pink before she cleared her throat and looked away.

"So... You wanna watch a movie together Caez?" She asked with a giggle.

"I'd love to, Ebbz." I smiled before we walked into the living room together.

Man, I'm gonna miss her like crazy.

~ Huey ~

We had been inside of the grocery store for a few minutes until we began to realize we couldn't find the posters anymore.