~ Chapter 28: Everything Happens For a Reason ~

~ Huey ~

Once again, the room is very dark. A single light hangs above me as I groan, tied to a chair.

A gun is still held to my face from a black leather hand.

"Please." I beg. "Let her go."

"HELP ME!" I jump, hearing Jazmine's voice scream again.

"Let her go!" I yell angrily, attempting to shake myself out of the chair.

"HUEY! HELP ME!"

"Jazmine! JAZMINE!"

My yells began to get overpowered by another voice's evil laugh.

"JAZMINE!"

I jumped up from my sleep, breathing heavily. I placed my hand on my chest, attempting to catch my breath.

This is the second time I've had that dream.

What the hell does it mean?

I glanced over to the corner of my room, looking at the open chest of my father's belongings.

I sighed.

For weeks now I've been looking through all his pictures, letters, and notes. However, all leads turn into dead ends.

There's no details on Operation Snow leading up to his death.

Something is missing.

My door suddenly opened, causing me to jump again. I cursed under my breath, seeing Ebony walk in.

"Someone's jumpy this morning." She chuckled.

I scowled. "I'm not jumpy. You should knock."

"And he's cranky too." Ebony said before sitting on the edge of my bed, placing some papers down.

"I took a look at some of your dad's stuff for you like you asked. And can I just say, he was amazing." Ebony smiled.

"I mean he really advocated for his people. His mindset, his tactics... The man really was a revolutionary."

I looked at her impatiently before she shook her head.

"But I didn't see anything about any Operation Snow, Huey." Ebony shrugged as I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Damnit..."

"What exactly are you trying to find?" My sister asked, slightly confused.

"The missing piece." I stated. "In the book I read on my father, all of his other operations were detailed. All except Operation Snow. It all turned vague leading up until his death. There's no information on it, and I don't think that's by mistake. Someone's trying to hide something."

"Someone like who?" Ebony asked as I shrugged. "I don't know that yet. The government maybe. I just know someone is."

"Are you sure you're not reading into this too much?" She asked sincerely.

"I'm certain about this, Ebony. Something's not right about this. I need to figure it out."

Ebony nodded slowly. "Well, you can't figure it out right at this moment because we're going to be late for school." She got up, walking towards the door.

She then turned back to me.

"Jazmine's coming back today, y'know."

After Jazmine's mother left, she decided to take time off from school. From what Ebony has told me, she's been helping her dad heal as well as dealing with her own emotions.