~ Chapter 46: Judas ~

~ Huey ~

"Are you sure you'll be alright?"

"Huey, I'm fine." Ebony chuckled as I walked her to her bed.

Dr. Mendez cleared Ebony early this morning to go home. She still has weeks of recovery ahead of her, but the doctor is confident she'll be fine doing it from home.

Ebony got settled into her bed, pulling the covers over her legs.

"I still think they should've monitored you longer at the hospital. It's only been two days." I crossed my arms.

"Well you're not a doctor, are you?" Ebony replied with a smug smirk, however, I gave her a serious look.

"Huey, this is a good thing. I'm already out the hospital, which means I'm recovering faster. Which means sooner or later, I'll be back to normal."

"What you need to focus on is resting." I advised her. "Yes sir." She saluted me with a giggle.

"I'm going to stay home if you're not going to take this seriously-"

"I'm kidding, Huey. I am taking this seriously, okay? Go to school. I'll be fine. I have Granddad." Ebony smiled reassuringly.

Truthfully, I am concerned about Ebony, but another reason I'd rather stay home today is because of Jazmine.

The last time I saw her, I kissed her.

Since then, she's been texting and calling me, but I haven't been answering.

The only reason I kissed Jazmine was because I thought it was going to be the last time I ever saw her.

Now that I'm staying in Woodcrest, I'm not sure how to proceed.

Nothing has changed. If anything, she's in danger because of me more than before due to Shadow's recent threat.

However, if I reject her again now, I could lose her completely.

There's no guarantee she'll forgive me if I put her through that again.

Damn...

"I need to ask you another favour..." Ebony trailed off as I looked up.

"I'd prefer if you and Riley didn't tell our friends I tried running away." She told me as I quirked my eyebrow.

"I don't want them thinking it was their fault, or that it was anything they did... I don't want them feeling bad, like how I made you guys feel bad." She sighed. "Please?"

After a few seconds, I nodded.

Ebony nodded back in relief as she then looked down to her phone. Her expression then slowly started to change to a sad one, with her eyes tearing up.

"What is it?" I asked, concerned. "Are you in pain?"

"N-No..." Ebony shook her head. "Not physically."

I gave her a confused look as she held up her phone.

"It's Jacob." Ebony said sadly as I immediately scowled.

"He keeps calling and texting and I j-just..." Ebony's voice cracked. "I guess I was so focused on recovering from surgery that I forgot I was cheated on..."

She then turned her phone off, placing it on her sidetable.

I sighed. "Ebony-"

"I'm okay, Huey. Really." She wiped her tears, laying back in the bed. "I just need to cry...." she sighed sadly.

Although I don't want to leave her in this state, I can understand her need to be alone.

"I'll see you later, alright?" I told her as she soley nodded. I then walked out of the room, closing the door behind me.