~ Chapter 20: It's On ~

~ Ebony ~

"I still can't believe you moved here! And kept it a secret!" Jazmine exclaimed as we walked alongside Caesar to our next classes.

I giggled. "Don't worry, he surprised me too." I looked at Caesar who shrugged. "Hey, it was a good surprise. Wasn't it, y'all?"

"Of course." Jazmine smiled.

"I guess." I joked as he nudged me playfully.

"Of course." I smiled at him with him smiling too.

I love that Caesar's here.

It makes me so happy to know that I have my best friend again.

For good.

"Oh my gosh, Ebony look!"

I stopped walking, turning to see Jazmine looking at a cheerleading poster on the wall.

I smiled. "I guess we're trying out again this year."

"It sucks that we have to try out every single year." Jazmine pouted.

"I know, but hey. We get in every single time." I nudged her with a smile.

Jazmine then smiled. "You're right."

"Y'all must be the best on the team." Caesar said as I shook my head. "I'm okay, but Jazzy's the star."

"Don't even! She's great, Caesar." Jazmine told Caesar who smiled at me.

"I believe you."

I smiled before playfully rolling my eyes. "But you love cheer, Jazmine. They should've made you captain."

"Ugh, I wish. I wonder who's captain this year..."

"Turn the f*ck around."

All three of us turned around.

Trisha stood there, her arms crossed with a smirk on her face.

Of course she's the captain...

"Wait, you?" Jazmine asked hesitantly. "Wait, you?" Trisha mocked her while rolling her eyes.

Not much has changed about Trisha from since we were younger. She's still mean to everyone.

Especially me.

"I wouldn't waste your damn time trying out. Ain't no way I'm letting y'all hoes on my team." Trisha put her hands on her hips as I shook my head.

"Trisha, it's not your team. You may be the captain, but the coach gets the final say on who makes tryouts." I explained to her.

"Did anyone ask you, b*tch?" Trisha glared, stepping up to me. "Don't make me wipe yo' f*ckin' adopted ass across this floor."

"Aye, woah. How about you relax?" Caesar said, stepping in front of me.

For a second Trisha paused, then began to smirk.

"Damn. Who you is witcho fine self?" She played with her hair, placing a hand on his chest.

Jazmine and I rolled our eyes.

"Yeah... No thanks." Caesar moved Trisha's hand off him as she sucked her teeth. "Don't tell me you wit her." She frowned at me.

Both Caesar and I then chuckled nervously before shaking our heads.

"Nah... I have a girlfriend."

"No, I have a boyfriend."

Caesar then turned to me, confused. "Boyfriend?"

"Oh yeah! Didn't she tell you? Her and Jake finally got together!" Jazmine squealed.