~ Chapter 49: Mommy Issues ~

~ Jazmine ~

I held up my phone, staring at the date on the lock screen.

I sighed, a feeling of uneasiness and sadness overwhelming me.

"Jazzy?"

"Jazmine?"

"Huh?" I snapped out of my thoughts, turning to see Cindy looking at me confusedly as Ebony closed her locker.

"Are you okay?" Ebony asked.

"She probably just day dreamin' about McHater." Cindy playfully rolled her eyes.

I only chuckled slightly before looking down.

"Jazmine?" Ebony asked again, sounding more concerned.

I looked back up, sighing again.

"It's my mom's birthday today."

The two of them then looked at me sympathetically.

I haven't spoken to my mom since our last conversation.

Although I let her know I don't want her to disappear, I haven't told her that I forgive her for cheating and leaving.

Do I forgive her?

I mean, I'm sad about the situation but I'm not mad anymore.

So do I text her?

Do I go see her?

But it feels like I'm betraying my dad if I do that.

Ugh...

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Ebony asked as I snapped out of my thoughts again.

"Don't worry, I'm fine." I reassured. "I'm so glad you're back at school, Ebony." I then smiled.

She smiled back. "Me too. It's been a long month, but I'm finally better."

"It's good dat you better 'cause now I don't gotta deal wit Jazzy goin' on and on 'bout McHater alone." Cindy joked as I nudged her. "Hey!"

"Stop. They're cute." Ebony giggled.

I smiled at that, feeling my cheeks start to blush.

"Makin' me wanna throw up." Cindy cackled as I rolled my eyes. "How come homeboy ain't come to steal you away yet?"

"I'm not seeing him until later. I have cheer practice." I groaned before turning to Ebony. "It sucks that you can't be with me anymore."

"I know... But my doctor doesn't want me doing anything that could cause another head injury." She explained.

"Well, I wanna quit." I huffed, crossing my arms. "I hate that I have to follow Trisha's orders after what she's done to you. She acts like nothing even happened."

"Hey, you can't quit. You're the best on the team." Ebony nudged me.

"Plus... Trisha's not so bad."

Cindy raised her eyebrow at that. "Uh, you forgettin' dat she slobbered all over yo' man?" She reminded her as Ebony rolled her eyes.

"Of course not, but... Just don't quit, Jazzy." She smiled at me as I nodded with a shrug. "Well, okay."

As we turned to walk down the hallway, we saw Caesar approaching.

"Hey y'all."

"Hey Caesar." "Wassup C."

"Hey Caez." Ebony smiled at him as he did back at her. "Hey Ebbz."