~ Chapter 10: Best Friends ~

~ Ebony POV ~

"Then I told him, I'm from Brooklyn, WHAT!" Caesar exclaimed as I cackled to another one of his funny stories as we walked home from school.

He's probably one of the funniest boys I've met, and I've only met him recently.

"That's what you said?" I giggled. "Yeah 'course! Nigga needs to respect my roots!"

I laughed again but this time I snorted causing me to cover my mouth.

Caesar laughed as my face flushed in embarrassment.

"Aye, you gotta lil snort." He chuckled. "Sorry, it's embarrassing. My laugh is embarrassing." I sighed.

"Nah it's cool, I like your laugh." Caesar smiled causing me to smile too.

"So Huey says your folks are out of town?" Caesar asked me as we walked.

"...Yeah." I nodded, with a slight smile. "Where'd they go, on vacation or sum?" He asked.

"Something like that..." I mumbled. I hated lying to Caesar like that. He seems like a nice guy and a potential friend.

But it's not like I can tell him the whole story.

"So when did you meet Huey and Riley?" "Only a few weeks ago..." I then paused, realizing what I had said.

"A few weeks? But you're staying at they house and everything?" He asked confused.

I began to froze, as I didn't know what to say. I began to look around trying to think of a cover.

However, my gaze landed upon someone from afar.

I froze.

It was my father.

He was standing in the street, holding onto a flyer, and talking to a pedestrian.

I got a quick glance of the flyer.

I gasped.

It was a picture of me.

No! He's looking for me!

"Ebony?" Caesar asked as I began to breathe heavily, stepping backwards slowly. I clutched tightly to the arms of my backpack as tears developed in my eyes.

"Hey." He waved his hand in front of my face. "What's wrong?"

Suddenly, I began to run fast in the other direction.

"Ebony!" Caesar yelled running after me.

I don't want to go back! I don't want to go back!

~ Huey POV ~

"A hint!"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"C'mon! Just one little hint-"

"Jazmine." I groaned, pinching the bride of my nose as I sat against the tree of the hilltop.

Jazmine frowned as she knelled in front of me with a pout.

I shook my head as I continued to write in my notebook.

"You've been writing in that stupid notebook for a week!" Jazmine whined. "Why won't you tell me what you're writing?"

"It's my notebook, Jazmine." I stated. "So?" She crossed her arms.

"Therefore it's none of your business."

Jazmine then gasped as I rolled my eyes at her overreacting.