I don't know if it was me being hormonal, or if it was because I was afraid of what he was going to say, but I really didn't want to talk to Mikko. I didn't want to have to move away from my family and friends when I needed them the most because I got knocked up by the wrong guy.

But if he were telling the truth about having enemies, then I wouldn't have a choice. I'd have to go with him for the sake of my babies. I couldn't put them in any more danger than they were already in.

Nikki had to stay downstairs when the time finally came. She couldn't be in on his little powwow that I was supposed to have with Mikko, Finn (the head alpha), my dad and Jerry, (the alpha here).

I knew the four were already in the office waiting for me to make my appearance. They had probably already started the conversation without me. But with powerful men in the room, I knew the conversation was going to end up being about what they wanted, what they thought was best for my babies.

I rested my hand on the handle of the office door and hesitated. Why did this have to be so complicated? Why did I have to sleep with Mikko that night? Why couldn't it have been someone else? If babies had been such a no-no for so long, then would having a girlfriend be so bad too? Would we even try to make something like that work?

I tried to stop thinking about it, but I couldn't. I just needed to suck it up and get this conversation over with.

I twisted the knob and walked in. The four men weren't even talking yet. They were just sitting on the sofas, waiting. They each had a small glass with some kind of alcohol.

Three of the four seemed to be in their own thoughts. The one that didn't was looking right at me with a smile. Being the only one I didn't recognize, I knew that man had to be the head alpha. He didn't seem big and intimidating like Mikko could easily give off, he seemed...fatherly. I knew that was all for show.

You couldn't be all warm and fuzzy when you were putting every pack under your will. This man was probably ready to kill everyone here if they stepped out of the line he had drawn.

He smiled at me when I took a step into the room. "You must be Emily." I just nodded once in reply.

"Since we're going to become very well acquainted, you can just call me Finn." How was I supposed to talk to the one that had a continent's worth of wolves at his beck-and-call?

My dad and Jerry shook off their thoughts and turned their attention to me. I didn't like being the center of attention.

Mikko didn't look over. He was probably embarrassed and maybe a bit ashamed that he let this happen. I know I was when I found out about this.

"Mikko says you're refusing to come with us to our lands." Again, I just nodded. Finn smiled. "You don't have to worry. No one here is going to make you do anything you're uncomfortable with."

Mikko let out a huff. He didn't have to tell me what I already knew was going to happen. I was going to be on lockdown until I gave birth. Mikko's babies and Finn's grandchildren wouldn't be put in any unnecessary danger.