Chapter Six

Banner/Pic by Maya_2011. Read her story!

p.s. if anyone wants to make pictures or covers, I'll post them in the upcoming chapters!

“Ugh.” I groaned and tried to slam the door. I didn’t think he was that fast. He held the door open with little trouble as I used my whole body weight to keep him out. “Go away.”

“I don’t think so.” He eased the door open a little bit more. I readjusted my hold on the counter and the wall. I didn’t want to face him. “You’d better move or you’ll get hurt.”

“Fine.” I huffed. I knew it was useless to fight him in the brute force category. I’d choose to fight him in some other category. It was bound to happen since I was carrying his baby. “Let the door go and I’ll come out.”

“Fine.” He muttered before letting the door go. It slammed shut from the force I was using. I winced. Anyone in the house would hear that. I didn’t want to bring attention towards the fact that Mac was up here with me.

I took a deep breath before opening the door to see Mac. He was sitting on Eddy and Margaret's bed.

"At least knowing what we are makes the werewolf secret easier for you to deal with."

I nodded and leaned on the door frame. "If I knew you were part of Margaret's family I wouldn't have gotten close to you."

He smirked. "She's my little sister."

At least that cleared up one of the many worries I had.

“So…” his eyes dipped to my stomach, “You think you’re having my kid?”

I nodded. “Yep.”

“This isn’t a good thing.” He stated matter-of-factly.

I didn’t want to show him how much that hurt me. I didn’t want my child to grow up thinking he or she was just a mistake in its father’s eyes.

“There’s a reason I’ve stayed child free.” He said like it explained everything.

“Children would get in the way of your bachelor life, wouldn’t they?”

He shook his head. “That’s not why I’ve stayed childless for all these years.”

I felt my blood drain from my face. Had I slept with someone older than my own father?!

His brow creased. “What’s with the look of horror?”

“How old are you?” I studied his face. He did not look old. I’d guess late twenties, early thirties. But unless you got a date of birth from a werewolf you couldn’t be sure just how old they were. They just didn’t age.

He scratched the back of his neck. “I don’t usually disclose that kind of information.”

I started heading towards the door of the room. It was weird being in Eddy and Margaret’s room. Really weird. Eddy had changed rooms since he had shared nights in the other one with me. He couldn’t bring his bride into the same bed that I had shared with him.

“Where are you going?” He asked following behind me.

“To my own age group.” I muttered walking down the stairs. I cringed thinking of the night Mac and I had spent together. “Do you normally prey on young women? You sicko!” I harshly whispered. I knew there had to be someone lurking around. I didn’t want to get caught with this old pervert!

In my haste I jumped down the last few steps and almost fell right onto my face. “Will you stop it?” Mac growled at me when he caught me by my waist. He brought me close to him. I could feel his hands on my belly for a second. “You’re freaking out.” He put me on my feet, but held me by my elbow. “We need to talk.”