"the necklace" | 98

My father lifted up the necklace using his wand, being careful with it around me.

"what do you think?" Mcgonagall asked in a worried tone of voice.

"I think Miss Bell is lucky to be alive."

"she wad cursed, wasn't she?" Harry interrupted, "I know Katie, off the quidditch pitch, she wouldn't hurt a fly. If she was delivering that to Professor Dumbledore, she wasn't doing it knowingly."

"Yes, she was cursed." Mcgonagall answered Harry.

"It was Malfoy." Harry gulped.

I turned to Harry with a face that looked like I wanted to kill him. "Just because Draco has been a complete arse to you doesn't mean you should accuse him of every little detail!"

"That is a very serious accusation, Potter." Minerva gasped.

"indeed." My father had said. "your evidence?"

"I just know." He shrugged.

"you just.. know. You astonish with your gifts, Potter. Gifts mere mortals can only dream of possessing, how grand it must be to be the Chosen One." Father said, taking the exact words out of my mouth.

"I suggest you go back to your dormitories. All of you."

**

I noticed Ron standing in the middle of the entrance of the great hall, wearing his quidditch sweater. Obviously he was nervous.

"good luck, Ron." was all I could say before walking off.

"Sofia!" He grabbed my arm.

"yes?"

"you know Fred and George, right?"

"no." I said sarcastically.

"You don't? I thought you guys were best friends?"

"I'm being sarcastic, Ron."

"oh. Can you sit with me?"

"I don't know, Draco looks.. alone?"

"He can wait. Come with us, please. I don't want to look like a sore loser."

"fine." I said, sitting down next to Ron.

"So how was it, then?" Ron stopped the silence.

"how was what?" Hermione asked, completely clueless.

"your dinner party?"

"I wasn't invited?" I said.

"you wouldn't be missing much, Sofia. It was pretty boring, actually. Though I think Harry enjoyed dessert. Slughorns having a Christmas do, you know. And we're meant to bring someone."

I turned to Draco who I noticed had looked away as soon as I turned to him.

"I expect you'll be bringing McLaggen. He's in the Slug Club, isn't he?" Ron sounded jealous.

"Actually I was going to ask you."

"men are clueless." I scoffed.

"really?"

"good luck today, Ron!" an excited Lavender said to Ron who was completely in love with the boy. "I know you'll be brilliant."

"I'm resigning." Ron said after she had walked away, making me choke on my pumpkin juice. "After todays match, Mclaggen can have my spot."

"have it your way. Juice?" Harry passed up his juice to ron.

I looked over to see Luna appear from no where, making me jump.

"Merlins beard how did you do that?!"

I noticed Luna was wearing a lion hat to support Ron and Harry. " Hello everyone. You look dreadful, Ron. Is that why you put something in his cup? Is it a tonic?"

Harry sneaked his liquid luck in his pocket.

"Liquid luck. Don't drink it, Ron!" Hermione whispered/yelled.

Ron took a sip and Harry grew a smile on his face.

"you are complete idiots, anyway, I'm off to sit with Draco." I removed myself from the gryffindor table and sat infront of Draco, he only looked up at me and down at his plate, playing with his food. "Hello, Draco."

No answer.

"how have you been?" That was pretty stupid of me to ask, the boy is clearly clueless.

No answer.

"So.. slytherin versus gryffindor today. Slytherin better win this time." I giggled, trying to make conversation, no answer. "Can you please talk to me?  the other night at the.. astronomy tower you kept ignoring me afterwards. Have I done something?"

I snake my hand on top of his which made him stare at me, I noticed his gray eyes softened to a blue shade.

"I'm here.. please talk to me."

"I'm fine." was all he ever said before his eyes gone to a darker shade of gray, he removed my hands from his and looked down at his plate once more.

This wasn't the Draco I knew.