"annoying DADA professor" | 64

I sat with Neville at the gryffindor table, seeing as I couldn't sit with Draco anymore.. since he's all snuggled up with Parkison. Or, I shouldn't say that. SHE'S the one snuggled up with him.

Meanwhile Ron was stuffing his face in chicken as per usual, the twins and I were planning our prank.

"so, here's what we'll do.. we'll sneak this pimple candy in her breakfast.." Fred snickered

"and it'll go from there!" George finished Freds sentence.

"Good evening children." Dumbledore proudly spoke. "Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We're please to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank, who will be taking care of Magical Creatures while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also wish to welcome our new Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher, Professor Delores Umbridge."

she was fat, pink, and chuckled.

I noticed my mom gave her a look of disgust that was so funny I nearly choked on my drink.

"and I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck. As usual, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you-" Dumbledore was cut off by Umbridge clearing her throat.

the room went completely silent and everyone faved her. She got up and walked over to Dumbledore.

"thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright, happy faces smiling up at me."

"no one is smiling up at you." I told, which made it too loud for her to hear as the room was silent. Everyone looked up at me, especially Umbridge.

"I'm sorry?"

"I said no one is smiling up at you. But please, continue." I said, making all of the great hall to chuckle.

"I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends."

"That's likely." The twins whispered.

"the ministry of magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be vital of importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school, progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved. Perfect what can be perfected and prune practices that ought to be prohibited." Umbridge whispered at 'prohibited'. she let out a chuckle, then walked back to her seat.

I hadn't clapped but a few others did out of respect.

"Thank you, professor umbridge, that was really illuminating. Now as I was saying, Filch asked me to remind you, magic is forbidden in the corridors."

*Time skip, DADA*

a bunch of students were playing with a paper bird, as I was studying. I noticed Harry had tooken a seat next to me.

"um, may I hep you?" I asked with my eyebrow raised.

"yes, may I speak-" Harry was cut off with the paper bird burning and noticed Umbridge was in the room. He clenched his jaw, "nevermind."

"Good morning, children." Umbridge greeted. "Ordinary Wizarding Level Examinations. O-W-L's. More commonly known as OWLs. Study hard, and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe."

with a flick of her wand, stacks of books were passed out to us. "Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven. But you'll be pleased to know from now on, you will be following a carefully structured Ministry-approved course of defensive magic."

I raised my hand. "yes?"

"Professor Umbridge, there is absolutely nothing in here about using defensive spells?"

"using spells?" she chuckled. "well I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom."

"we're not going to be using magic?" Ron added.

"this is called DEFENSE against the DARK ARTS classroom, is that not the job you signed up for?" I asked sternly.

"you will be learning about defensive spells in a securw, risk-free way!" she smiled.

"if we're going to be attacked, it won't be risk free." Harry said.

"students will raise their hands when they speak in my class." she said, less nicer than she did before. "It is the view of the ministry that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your examinations, which after all, is what school is all about."

"and how's theory suppose to prepare us for what's out there?" Harry suggested.

"there is nothing out there, dear. Who do you imagine would want to attack children, like yourself?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe Lord Voldemort."

many whispers and mutters were passed on around the class.

"Now let me make this quite plain. You have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large again. This... is... a... lie."

"it's not a lie! I saw him! I fought him!"

yeah but have you worked for him?

"Detention, Mr. Potter!"

"So according to you Cedric Diggory dropped dead on his own accord?"

my face softened when Cedrics name was mention. I missed him so much.

"Cedric Diggorys death was a tragic accident." she argued.

"it was murder, Lord Voldemort killed him! you must know that!"

"ENOUGH!" she shrieked. "enough. See me later, Mr. Potter, my office." she giggled.

"I wish I can remove your head from your bloody shoulder." I whispered to myself.