"Cedric and Sofia" | 51

"I've changed my mind

"I've changed my mind."
_________________________________
It was the next day, I slept in the couch. I was in the great hall sitting in between Fred and George. I was thinking, there's no way I would be attending the yule ball with Draco, but I remembered one person asked me to the yule ball, Cedric. I wouldn't be the happiest with him as my date but I had no other choice. I didn't have to write the assignment, but I wanted to, to keep my grade up. "This is mad, at this rate, we'll be the only one without dates!" Ron said looking at a group of girls. Father swooped in and shoved Rons head back to the essay. "Well.. and Neville." Ron said making Potter laugh. "Yeah, well he can take himself." Harry responded. "why does that matter to you?" I let out. I can't stand the fact that people dislike Neville. "uh.. nothing!" Harry said a little to loudly which resulted to my mother to slap the back of his head. "Nevilles already got someone." Hermione added. "oh.. now I'm really depressed.." Ron breathed out, such loners, the fact that Neville has got someone before them was funny. Fred passed a note to Ron, which read "Get a move on or all the good ones will have gone" Ron passed it back to Fred, "well you do it then!" Fred crumbled the paper up and threw it at Angelina who was on the quidditch team. She looked at Fred with a mad expression. Fred took this as a chance. "you.. want to go to the ball.. with me?" he did weird ball dance moves and Angelina blushed at this. She obviously said yes, Fred turned back to Ron and winked at him, we high fived eachother and giggled as I continued my essay. "well, Hermione. You're a girl." oh my god, what an idiot. "well spotted." She added sarcastically. Before he was going to ask, father hit his head and Harry's as well. Ron muttered something that Hermione caught on. "I won't be going alone because believe it or not, someone's asked me!" She got up and took her journal to give it to father, and came back to get her other journal. "AND I SAID YES." she whispered/yelled. She then proceeded to storm away. "are you mad? or just idiotic?" I spat, making Ron look at me in confusion. "that's not how you ask a girl you poorly minded dim witted lunatic." I spat.
As I was walking out I saw Cedric who ran up to me. "I've changed my mind." I said, simply. "what?"
"we're going to the yule ball together, okay?"

~~~~~~~~
445 words
🌫🖤🌬