"strange cabinet pt2" | 96

I walked and walked outside in the snow. I overheard the trio talking about a Half-Blood Prince.

"I didn't say I wasn't curious, and I don't sleep with it." Harry argued as I read my book, I was behind them as they argued, flipping through the pages.

"Well, it's true. I like a nice chat before I go to bed."

I rolled my eyes and walked passed them, trying to get them not to notice, but that plan failed.

"Sofia, hey!" Hermione called to me, I turned around sighing.

"what?" I asked, not removing my eyes from the ground. I'd be too hurt to even look at them in the face.

"h-how are you?" She smiled.

"fine." I said, refusing to make eye contact.

"um.. hey, so Harry had found this book that belonged to this Half-Blood Prince. Do you know who that might be? can you help us?" Hermione smiled, I can tell in her tone of voice she wanted us to be friends but it iust couldn't be that way.

"no. I don't." I finally looked at her. "And it's not your jobs to just solve whatever mystery comes up at hogwarts. It's not going to be that way so if you can just drop the nonsense ans just be typical hogwarts gryffindor students?" I yelled.

frowns came from the trio.

"are you sure you're okay?" Ron asked me.

"everyone here is far from okay!" I screamed, "no one here is happy for Merlins sake, so just stop asking!"

"you're right, Sofia." Harry sighed. "barely anyone in hogwarts is happy. That's what we need to fix. And we need you."

"no you don't.. If you find out who I am you would hate me. And I don't want that.. I have to go." I said, salty tears escaping my eyes.

"Sofia, nothing in this world would make me hate you." Hermione smiled. "Remember in the yule ball you helped me? and the time where you stood up to me when Ron was being a complete arse." She laughed and held my hand. "remember? we're in this together."

"no.. you don't understand." Hot tears ran down my now hot face. "not telling you is better."

"Sofia, look at me." Harry squeezed my shoulder. I met with his eyes. "believe it or not, you're one of us. You were the one helping us giving answers. Like Hermione said, we're in this together." He smiled down at me.

"like bloody hell we are." Ron smiled.

"we're not." I removed my hand from Harry's and ran.

Third person pov

"merlins beard there's no convincing that girl. Ow!" Hermione slapped Rons hand.

"can't you see that she's hurting Ronald?!" Hermione yelled at the clueless boy. "She's hiding something that she doesn't want us to know."

"you guys? she's bloody mental!" Ron yelled.

"shut up, Ron! she's our friend.." Harry defended Sofia.

"you're only defending her because you've liked her since first year, mate." Ron chuckled. "we see your face when you talk to her."

"Ronald! Stop teasing him. His feelings for her are genuine." Hermione argued as Harry just stared at Sofias figure running off.

well there's a plot twist we didn't expect. 💀