Chapter 11: Just Keep Singing, Just Keep Singing

I clutched the arms of my seat. I was next after two other people. My stomach was flipping out. I've sang in front of people before, but this is way more than I'm used to. What if they don't like me? What if I forget what I'm singing and I won't get in? What if I'm so terrible they stop me at the beginning. What if's started to swarm my mind. My stomach started to hurt more.

"Thaila, are you okay?" Niall asked me, concern filling his voice. I managed to nod. "You look like your about to barf."

"I'm fine," I reassured him. He didn't say anything else, but he kept an eye on me. I tapped on my leg. A tall, tan guy beckoned me. I took a deep breath as I followed him, Niall right behind me.

"Is this your first time?" he asked.

"Is it that obvious?" I joked nervously. The guy laughed.

"Sort of," he said. "By the way I'm Anthony."

"Thalia," I replied.

"Well Thaila, just go through here to get on the stage," Anthony instructed. I nodded. Niall walked over to me.

"Good luck," he said.

"Thanks," I sighed.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Just nervous."

"You'll do fine."

"But what if I don't?"

"You will trust me Tai."

"Tai?"

"Yea. It's your new nickname. It's your turn. Good luck. I know you'll do well." I was just about to say thanks when that stupid dumbarse kissed me. Again! I'm starting to think he has feelings for me. Wait, Niall Horan has feelings for me? W\hat? "Thaila, you're up." I walked up onto the stage, feeling a bit confused and a bit dazed.

"What are you doing here?" Simon's voice snapped me out of my daze.

"To audition of course," I replied.

"Who are you sweetie?" Katy Perry asked.

"Thaila Xaver," I told her.

"And what are you going to sing us?" she said.

"Um..." I started to panic. I had been so nervous that they wouldn't like me that I forgot what song I was going to sing. I did some quick thinking. What song did I know pretty well? "I-I'm going to sing Fireflies by Owl City."

"Begin," Simon sighed. I took a breath.

"You would not believe your eyes

If ten million fireflies
Lit up the world as I fell asleep

'Cause they'd fill the open air
And leave teardrops everywhere
You'd think me rude
But I would just stand and stare

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay
Awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

'Cause I'd get a thousand hugs
From ten thousand lightning bugs
As they tried to teach me how to dance." I stopped when Louie held up his hand.

"I've heard enough," Simon said, sitting forward in his chair.

"Well?" I asked. "What do you think?" Everyone looked at each other. My stomach started to hurt again. The puking sensation had come back. They didn't like it. I know they didn't. It took everything to keep tears from spilling from my eyes.

"How old are you?" Louie asked.

"16," I replied.

"You have a pretty good voice," Katy said. I couldn't believe my ears!

"I agree with Katy," Louie said. A huge smile spread across my face.

"Thank you," I spoke into the microphone.

"I'm going to say yes," Katy said.

"I agree with Katy,"Louie agreed. "What about you Simon?" Simon was quiet. That wasn't a good sign.

"Simon?" Katy nudged Simon. He was still quiet. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," he finally said. "I'm just thinking about my answer."

"What is it then? Yes or no?" Katy asked. I held my breath.

"You've got three yeses," Simon said finally. I jumped around in excitement. "Just don't mess up this time."

"I won't!" I promised. "Thank you!" I ran off stage to meet Niall.

"What happened?" he asked.

"I made it!" I screamed. 

"Yes!" Niall cheered. We hugged. Now all I had to do was not to get eliminated the next round. How hard could that be?