Chapter 48: Spoons, A Deadly Game

"I'm bored," I groaned.

"Play spoons with us," Harry suggested.

"Yea. Play spoons with us Thaila," Louis pleaded.

"How do you play?" I asked.

"Simple. You pass along the cards one by one. When you get 4 of a kind, you quickly reach for a spoon. If you don't get a spoon you're out," he explained.

"Seems simple enough. I'll play," I agreed. I joined the two around the table.

"I wanna play," Niall said, following me. In the end, there were 8 people playing total; me, Liam, Louis, Harry, Zayn, Rebecca, Niall and the blond girl.

"I didn't know you knew how to play Perrie," Cher sneered from the corner. So her name was Perrie eh?

"Yes, I actually can," Perrie retorted. Cher rolled her eyes as the cards were delt out. I looked at mine. Three king of spades and a queen of hearts.

"Let the games begin!" Louis bellowed.

"And may the odds be ever in your favor," Cher said in a Effie Trinket sounding voice. She must be a fan of the hunger games too. The cards started passing quickly. I had trouble keeping up. Then I saw it; a king of spades. I put the card I didn't need down and snatched a spoon. As soon as I did that, things went crazy. Spoons were flying, the table almost toppled over, people were groaning, it was sheer chaos. When everyone got back to the table, Rebecca was the one who didn't get the spoon.

"I would've gotten the spoon if Zayn hadn't pushed me out of the way," she snarled. Zayn looked down at his spoon the same way Liam did; with distaste. Rebecca bounded out of the room, Cher following. What a poor sport.

"Now we only have 7," Harry grinned.

"Who will be chosen?" Louis asked.

"Who will not?"

"Who will rise?"

"Who will fall?"

"Who will-"

"Both of you shut up and deal," I growled at them. The both rolled their eyes as Louis dealt again. This time though, I got exactly four 4 of diamonds. I let the game begin, making them think I didn't have enough cards. I smirked as I quietly grabbed a spoon. No one noticed. I busted out laughing. That's when they took a hint. Everyone lunged for a spoon. I hung back, still laughing. This round, Perrie didn't get a spoon. Now I was the only girl left.

"Good luck," Perrie told me. This wasn't going to end well.

*************************************************************

It was down to two players; me and Louis.

"You're never going to beat Louis," Harry sighed. "He's the spoons master."

"Thanks for those words of encouragement," I said sarcastically. Just as we were about to start, Louis shouted," WAIT! We have to hide the spoon!" I think I went a little green. As we all know, I'm not the best with finding stuff.

"Make sure it's in plain sight," I said meekly. I don't think they heard me. I looked over my shoulder. Louis had hidden it about ten feet away on.... A sleeping Simon. Great. He came back, smirking.

"Ready to be beat?" he smirked.

"I guess," I shrugged. The cards were dealt. I held in a groan. I had no cards that matched each other. The game began. I shuffled through the cards Louis kept throwing at me. I finally got three cards of the same when Louis dashed towards Simon. I ran after him. I dogded a basket, Harry and a banana peel. Louis was still in the lead. Then I did something I would soon regret. I lunged towards Simon, taking the lead. I got the spoon, but I also landed on Simon. We fell backwards. Luckily, both of us were okay. Sadly, I got chewed out for 10 minutes. Then got detention, which means two extra hours of practice tomorrow. I groaned as I sat down at the table. A few minutes later, dinner was done.

I ate my dinner in silence. I wasn't that hungry since I had detention tomorrow. I went out to catch fireflies. This was my last week here. I wanted to spend as much time as I could with the remaining contestants. As I laid wide away that night (Niall went back into his room) I thought about how much things had changed since I auditioned for the X Factor. I'd lost my mum and my sister, my only family I had left. But I also got Stephano. 

I tossed and turned all night, barely getting any sleep. The next day's pratice was dreadful. The two extra hours of practicing didn't exactly help either. Other than that, the week went by pretty fast. I played a few more games of spoons (which I won every time) chopped up some more fruit with Ed and Harry, and also learned a few pranks from non other than Louis.

The final contest came very fast. I stood backstage. I knew I wouldn't win. I was surprised I made it this far. One by one, everyone went. One Direction, Rebecca, Cher, Little Mix, Ed and finally me. I walked onto the stage that had been set up for my song, Blood by The Middle East. It was quite a cool setting actually. It had a swing, a fake tree and a sunset or rise for the background. The music started to play. I took a deep breath as I was about to sing the last song.

Allos bros! The story is almost over :( BUT no need to worry because I'll have a sequel out shortly after this book is done. You know, looking back on it, I really came far. I remember when I wrote that first chapter, thinking "oh no one will want to read this. I'll just put it up on here so Patty can read it." Now look at it. It has over 100,000 reads, 1,000 votes and I have more fans than I can ask for. Thank you guys so much :) I really appreciate you guys. Without you, I probably would've stopped writing this book. But it because of your guys, your voting and commenting, that I continued. Sorry for that boring speech I made, for those who read my author's note. Just thought I'd thank ya :) Until the next chapter... I'll CEEEEEYA