Chapter 49: The Last Song, Literally

"And now our last contestant, Thaila Xaver!" the announcer called out. I started to swing on the prop swing.

Older brother, restless soul, lie down 
Lie for a while with your ear against the earth 
And you'll hear your sister sleep talking 
Say "Your hair is long but not long enough to reach 
Home to me 
But your beard 
Someday might be
And she'll wake up in a cold sweat on the floor 
Next to a family portrait drawn when you were four 
And beside a jar of two cent coins that are no good no more 
She'll lay it aside

Older father, weary soul, you'll drive 
Back to the home you made on the mountainside 
With that ugly, terrible thing 
Those papers for divorce 
And a lonely ring 
A lonely ring 
Sit on your porch 
And pluck your strings

I always loved this song. When me and Claire were little, we used to play outside until dark, and catch fireflies in the summer. That was when our sister wasn't lost, and we also had a baby brother. It was such a fun time. So when they said we could do any song we liked, of course I chose this one.

After the song was over, the judges gave me their thoughts.

"I think you have a very sweet voice," Louie, who was judging, told me.

"Thanks," I said.

"I've never heard of that song. But the way you sang it made me feel like I could just jump in," Cheryl commented.

"Thank you. It's my favorite song," I smiled.

"To be honest, I never thought you'd make it this far," Simon said. Thanks Simon. "But you proved me wrong. Excellent performance."

"Thanks uncle Si," I joked. He rolled his eyes, but smiled. I walked back stage as the announcer said you could vote for me by texting a number. I didn't hear the number, for everyone was jumping around me.

"That was amazing!" Liam cheered.

"Brilliant," remarked Louis.

"Good job princess," Niall congratulated, pulling me into a hug. I didn't resist. The embrace of the hug felt good. It felt like no one could beat me.

************************************

All the constants went out of stage for their final time. This was it. Either you make it or break it Thaila.

"You have all voted. Very quickly too!" The announcer said."Now ours the moment of truth. In sixth place is..." There was a dramatic silence. I hated those.

"Little Mix," he announced. I could see the look of disappointment on their faces. "In fifth place we have... Cher Lloyd!" Cher didn't look too pleased, but it's better than sixth isn't it?

"In fourth place we have Ed Sheeran," he called. Ed looked ok with being in fourth. I smiled. "Next in third we have One Direction." My stomach dropped. They didn't win? But they sung so well! I almost didn't catch the next part. But I heard it.

"In second place we have Rebecca Fergonson." Wait a minute.... That couldn't be right. That would mean...

"And the winner of the X Factor is Thaila Xaver!" Announcer guy said. I couldn't believe it. Thaila good for nothing Xaver has just won the X Factor. The audience roared with cheers. It took a while to soak in. I looked over at the boys. Niall was crying, Zayn had his had in his hands and Louis and Harry were hugging. Why did I have to win?

************************************

Simon held a party in my honor, but I didn't feel like partying. It's great I won the X Factor, but what will happen now with Niall and I's relationship? I didn't want to break up with him, and I seriously doubted he wanted to break up with me.

I got a lot of congrats and stuff, but my mind was still on Niall.

"Thaila!" I heard someone call. I turned around. Niall was waving for me to come over. I sighed and, reluctantly, went over.

"Good job winning," Simon said.

"Thanks," I mumbled.

"Since you won, you need to go to London and we'll help you get an album out there," he continued.

"London?" I repeated.

"Yes. You'll be leaving in a week, like everyone else."

"Where is everyone else going?"

"Beats me. I have top go now. See you later." I nodded as he left.

"I'm going to live with the lads at Harry's place," Niall told me.

"That's great!" I lied. I would've much rather have me tag along.

"Not really. I rather us just get a place somewhere," he sighed.

"I wish you could come to London with me."

"I know." We stood there awkwardly. I didn't know what to say.

"Follow me," he said. I did, not really paying attention to my surroundings. We ended in his room.

"What are we find-" He cut me off with a kiss. The kiss turned into a VERY heated make out session. I've never made out with anyone before, but I'm sure that you do some of the things we did. Finally, Niall broke the kiss. My eyes got wide as he took of his shirt. Then his pants. The rest was just a blur.

I didn't really want to write that last part but I needed to. Anyway thanks for the 105,000 reads bros :) The next chappie is it. Then I'll be working on de sequel. I'm in tech btw. Until next chapter, I'll CEEEEEYA