Chapter 38: Uh....

My heart skipped a beat. Did Niall just ask me out? He waited for an answer. Just then, Liam came in to save the day.

"I'll help Niall," he told me. I gratefully handed over Niall. I sat down in my seat at the table. Liam placed Niall next to me. I had to hold back a whimper.

"Are you okay?" Rebecca asked me. "You don't look like yourself."

"I'm fine," I lied. I looked down at the chicken we were having, picking at it. Louis gave me a strange look.

"Why aren't you eating Thaila?" Niall asked. "You love chicken."

"I don't like spicy chicken though," I mumbled.

"But you eat it all the time," he said.

"I don't like this kind of chicken," I replied.

"You eat it all the time."

"No I don't."

"It's the only chicken we have here."

"Nu uh."

"Yeah huh!"

"Nu uh!"

"Yea huh!"

"NU UH!"

"YEA HUH!"

"Thaila! Niall! Enough!" Simon snapped at us. I looked back down at my chicken. Jay, who was on my left, whispered to me," if you need to talk, I'm here." I nodded, taking a bite out of my chicken. I was a little hungry. I ate as much as I could and excused myself from the table, Jay following me.

"So what's the problem?" she asked me.

"Niall asked me out," I blurted.

"He asked you out?" she gasped. "What did you say?"

"I-I didn't answer him," I replied.

"Well you have to give him an answer sooner or later Thaila!"

"But I don't know what to say!"

"You say yes."

"Why not no?"

"You don't want to break the poor kid's heart."

"But what if I don't want to go out with him?" She shrugged.

"It's up to you Thaila. I'm not the one who got asked out," she told me, getting up. "Just don't make him cry okay?" I sighed as Niall came in. I gave him a pointed look as he sat down next to me.

"What's that for?" he asked me.

'I don't really want you sitting next to me," I grumbled.

"Why?" he said, sounding a bit hurt.

"Because," I replied.

"You don't like me do you?" I was quiet. "You don't...."

"I never said I didn't," I retorted.

"But you're acting like you don't like me," he whispered.

"Maybe I don't Niall! It doesn't matter if I do or not! I still wouldn't go out with you!" I screamed at him. A tear slid down his cheek.

"N-Niall.....," I stuttered. 'I'm so so-"

"A simple no would've been okay," Niall said through tears.

"I didn't mean it that way Niall," I tried to explain.

"I don't want to hear it!" he yelled at me. "I hate you Thaila! I hate you more than anything!" I was hurt, but I couldn't let him know that.

"I hate you more!" I screamed, my voice shaking. "Never talk to me again!"

"You don't have to worry about that," he cried. He ran upstairs, slamming a door behind him. Probably his bedroom door. I hugged my knees and started to cry. I was such a heartless jerk. I just made the boy I sorta liked cry. Everyone who was still eating dinner rushed into the living room.

"Thaila, what's wrong?" Harry asked me.

"I... made..... Niall cry," I sobbed.

"How?" he questioned.

"Did you not hear the screaming and yelling?" I growled.

"We heard. Why don't you go upstairs?" I nodded. I followed him up the stairs. He stopped at his room, which he shared with Niall, Liam, Zayn and Louis.

"Oh no," I told Harry, backing up. "I am NOT going in there."

"You guys have to make up," he said. He pushed me towards to door. I gulped as I entered the room.

Wassup bros Ok, ignore what I said about the 100,000 reads. I'll just make the sequel when I finish this book ok? Btw TANK CHU GUYS FORE DA 53,000 READS!!!!!! :3 you guys are de best. Stay awesome.